Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How re-associate my base station with my account? (I deactivated it...)

Discussion stats
camCHLO
Star
Star

I've had multiple issues trying to get Arlo to work. It performed properly for 3 days and then the problems started.  The base unit would constantly lose the Internet connection and on the control panel (on the web) it would say offline.  But I'd get motion activation notices on my smart phone anyway. Strange.

Next, pulled batteries from cameras and paper clip reset base station. Only one camer will re-sync and base station still won't play

So I deactivated the base station from my account...probably the wrong thing to do!!!  Now I cannot figure out how to re-associate my base station to my account.

Ideas welcome, and thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning CamCHLO,

You can re-activate your base station be performing the following steps while you are in the same location and on the same network as the base station:

1) Log into your Arlo account

2) Click/tap "Settings"

3) Click/tap Subscription

4) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page/screen under "Base Stations"

5) Add Base Station

6) the Base station serial number should auto populate

7) Click "Continue"

Your base station should now be connected!! You will also need to resync your cameras.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Welcome to Arlo!

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
camCHLO
Star
Star

Problem solved. 100% newby user error on my part.  Base station has been re-associated and working just fine.

Thanks for your consideration. 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning CamCHLO,

You can re-activate your base station be performing the following steps while you are in the same location and on the same network as the base station:

1) Log into your Arlo account

2) Click/tap "Settings"

3) Click/tap Subscription

4) Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page/screen under "Base Stations"

5) Add Base Station

6) the Base station serial number should auto populate

7) Click "Continue"

Your base station should now be connected!! You will also need to resync your cameras.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Welcome to Arlo!

Christine - Arlo Team

____
camCHLO
Star
Star

Hi Christine and thank you.  What I failed to originally see was the need to scroll to the bottom to add the base station!!!  I vow to get fluen on all this.

Thanks very much!

wonderboy23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have the "add second base staion" option on my app, or online. Any advise?

devonferal
Initiate
Initiate

You need to delete your current base station first. Then I will show up the option to add a base station at the bottom.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Wonderboy23,

That's right, as devonferal mentioned you'll need to deactivate your original base station first.

How to Deactivate:

1.Log into your Arlo account

2.Click/tap Settings

3.Click/tap Base Station Settings

4.Click Deactivate

How to activate a base station under an existing account

1.Log into your Arlo account (if not already logged in)

2.Click/tap Settings

3.Click/tap Subscription

4.Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page

5.Click/Tap Add a Base Station

The base station serial number should automatically be detected and populate in the serial number field. Simply follow the prompts to complete the activation process.

Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
ELEUTHERA
Aspirant
Aspirant

The "deactivated" case station does not "repopulate". The instructions are to "pick a serial number, then activate" The deactivated base number is not listed. None of the 3 are. 2 work fine.

The green power light and the green internet light are on at the "deactivated" base station.

Scott H.

Bellevue, WA

Silva
Aspirant
Aspirant
I acccidently deleted my base station and I tried the steps listed above to add my base station but it does not find it. All lights are green on the base station, what can I do.
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Silva,

Try the following troubleshooting steps to re-associate your base station with your account:

1. Factory Reset your base station. Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber.
  2. Login to Arlo with your current account.
  3. Settings > Subscription > Add a Base Station 

Your account will then detect the base station by it's serial number. Please note that your base station must be connected on the same network that your computer/mobile device is on during the setup.

Looking forward your response and results.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Josephhobaiter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi There 

i am have the same problem as the person that posted about base station will not detect i have reset gone done somany times and still not working for three days 

before i return it can you help me 

I am new to Arlo 

Silva
Aspirant
Aspirant

to Josephhobaiter I was able to get my base station online and it has not happen again. So I would probably say if yours continue I would return it and get an exchange.

Lee13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have taken all steps noted in recommended resets, reboots numerous times.  My camera finds the base station via wifi so I'm not clear why the arlo app can't find the base station and/or the base station find the wifi when it's connected to the router directly.   I've also gone into my Xfinity account and see the base station MAC connected via ethernet.  This all started when  I de-activeated it to 'Restart' it when it quick working.  This happens every few days and it has re-established connections in the past.  Something is wrong.  Please advise.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lee13,

Welcome to the community! The first thing to be aware of when you are attempting to add a base station back to an account is you must be working from a device that is on the same network as the base station. If you have already clicked the "deactivate" button you should be able to navigate back to "subscriptions" within the existing account and click "add a base station". If you are working from a device that is on the same network as the base station, it's serial number will populate in the field and allow you to add it back to the account. Let me know if this helps!

JamesC

Lee13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, Yes, I tried all that repeatedly following other guidance.  I ended up having to disconnect my entire home router and reconnecting everything to enable Arlo to pick up the base station again.  It goes out every couple of days so I'm use to the routine but this time it wouldn't connect no matter what I did.  Real PITA but when it works, it's great.  Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lee13,

When you say "it goes out every couple of days", are you getting an error message? What is indicating that it is "going out". Please let me know!

JamesC

Lee13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James, the router and/or camera just seem to disconnect every 3-4 days.  I have no idea why it happens, it just does.  It is usually learned by a connection issue notice on the app and the mode option is no longer available.   Once connections are refreshed by turning router off/back on, resetting or re-syncing router to camera, etc. (all the known reset options) it usually comes back up.  Concern is what happens when I'm on vacation I can't very well perform those tasks.  I've contacted Comcast to ensure it isn't anything on their end after this last major outage.  Trying to stay calm about it all and hoping for the best.   Not sure what more I can offer.  Lee

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could be a hardware issue with the router or base station.  When the outage happens does any access work? Resetting the router makes me think the router is doing something untoward. Can you swap in a different one for testing?

Lee13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies I stated the router and/or camera keep going out but it's the base station and/or camera.  Because the base station is attached directly to my Comcast modem I keep calling it a router.  It happened again today and I was going to jot down the disconnect notice but got caught up.   It reconnected itself this time which was nice, hopefully it continues that path.  Thanks.

Isa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem but when I press add a base station, it tells me make sure the station is powered up and you are connected to the internet, which I am.

Thanks

Isa

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What LEDs are lit on the base station and what color are they?

Silva
Aspirant
Aspirant

They should be green when lit and connected.

buznego
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deacivated by mistakem have 5 cameras with batteries,  I was going to setup on different wifi it would not connect and deacivated.

I followed procedure you adescibed no luck.

Should I have station on with ethernet cord connected

Should I take batteries out of cameras>

Please email buznego@aol.com

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

buznego,

Welcome to the community! To set up Arlo on a different network you do not need to change the account in any way. Connecting the base station to the new network via ethernet is all that is needed. If you deactivated your base station you would need to log back into your account and add it back under Subscription.

Hope this helps!

JamesC

Drea2003
Aspirant
Aspirant
I deactivated my base station ...tried to do the reset and log on and back out and it's still not populating my station. It just says:supported -1 connected 0