Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Tjv1988
Initiate
Initiate
Just got Arlo and im sick of it already..it says once again that session has expired log back in..like no..it keeps kicking me out. Only me and 1 other person are able to access that system. Anyone else having this problem? Again? Seems like a few weeks ago they released a statement about this happening but it got resolved..guess it didn't
191 REPLIES 191
Twinkle
Star
Star

JamesC (Netgear Moderator)

Per your note of Mar 22, Engr is aware of issue. I got a case on Mar 15, day after the new release that continue to log out within an hour. I also get emails from Netgear that my case will auto close in 3 days, (3/17,3/21 and 3/26). I have to call in and advise that problem still exists. There are so many subject matters and all the replies-got to be over 1000. Users are upset. Some are going ot Facebook, others are trying to contact local TV consumer reporters to alert them of the issue. Like so many, if I could return my system, I would. Again this happened in May and July 2017- same problem but not sure if the same tech. reason. 

Not sure if you work for Netgear- Have seen your replys. I also sent a note Dawn Marshall Community Manager, NETGEAR.

When will this problem be resolve. I re-installed app today-same result.

Millie706
Star
Star

The following suggestion was made way upthread and it is the quickest way for me.  When you get the dreaded orange line with session expired, go to your arlo app, press 'force stop' and it'll say you may booger it up by doing this..ignore that...it has kept me logged in for days except for one or two instances. I am waiting for a real fix but this workaround will do for now (if it keeps working)

Mik0225
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Session keeps expiring as well.  It has run great for 8 months with no complaints, but now starting about a week ago, every time I either go into my App to ARM or DISARM the system it sais session has expitred and I need to log off then log back in to do so, or I need to do the same to watch a video or view an alert. Several times I had to completely shut off phone and restart just to be able to use the APP as it would freeze up on the sceen notifying me the session expired.  It seems I am logging in 15 times per day.   I reset base station, removed and reinstalled app, as well as powered off phone..  Same problem continues.   Unfortunatley becoming dissatisfied real fast as there is no way to promptly view an alert of disarm / arm the system anymore.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Android Arlo mobile app is now available in the app store that addresses this issue. Please visit the app store and be sure you are up to date on the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App: Release Notes - Android App 2.4.10 - 26th March 2018

JamesC

garyduh
Tutor
Tutor

Hello James C,

Why it's just posted in such tiny post in this giant complaints forum?? For such this serious bug that damanged all users security of using the Arlo, just a post hidden in a Forum??!!

How do you expect all users can find this post in this forum after some days, and/or they can find on this forum??

I am quite supprising that Netgear solving problem is doing in this way!!

It supposed to be that Netgear should send out a noticification to ALL users those emails that registered with their Arlo to the server, highlight the issue/bug, and the solution, and ask all users to updated their APP....

Just a tiny post sinking in the deep ocean, and expecting users to find it by themselves...!? Shame on Netgear !!

dnr2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera VMS4130 Arlo Pro.  Starting about 2 weeks ago, the Arlo signs users off after 2-60 minutes.  Previous to this, users would stay on indefinately. The Arlo support is unable to help and says something that I don't quite understand about static IP address and then hangs up.  I have not assigned any static IPs and the device and base have been working fine since January 4, 2018.

Thoughts?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Update to the latest app just released.

MaryLea
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo & Arlo are doing the same thing. Any solutions by anyone?
Mgallegos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the same issue as everyone else. Arlo keeps logging me out. It is a pain in the A_ _ to have to keep logging in every few minutes. Or when the cameras are set off and want to see who is in my yard the session has time out. Please fix this issue ASAP.
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Mr.James,
Very good job on that post I do hope it works even though I've had the system for a little over 2 years Arlo did you email me instructions for a fixed but unfortunately that didn't work just got done reading your post will retry it again I'll keep my fingers crossed thanks for posting this supposed fix
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Mr.James,
Very good job on that post I do hope it works even though I've had the system for a little over 2 years, Arlo did email me instructions for a fix but unfortunately that didn't work just got done reading your post will retry it again I'll keep my fingers crossed thanks for posting this supposed fix
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
To everyone in the community that has Arlo, pretty much any and every model thE the session timeout issue has been resolved go to App Store and reload 2.4.10 version and that will fix the problem
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Hello everyone in the community Arlo has fix the time out issue please log on finally uninstall and reinstall 2.4.10
Version and good luck to all
g3niu5
Luminary
Luminary

still having issues even after update.Screenshot_20180326-234844.pngScreenshot_20180327-000002.png

BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
Latest arlo update does not fix the session timed out problem on my android 7.0 phone. I first "cleared data" and "cleared cache" in android application manager for arlo 2.4.9, then uninstalled arlo 2.4.9, restarted my android 7.0 phone, went to google play store to install 2.4.10, opened arlo to check devices and library videos for the day, then clicked on the android home button and left my phone on my desk for 2 hours. On a motion-triggered recording notification, I selected the arlo notification to bring arlo app to foreground but encountered the orange banner from hell "session timed out, please log in".
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Did you power off and on the base unit?
BetaUser3000
Guide
Guide
No I did not power off and on my base unit as it is located a couple of hours away from me. I can have someone do that in the morning and will report back tomorrow.
Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Yes please let me know if that helps you at all, turn base unit off then clear your cache do a force stop then uninstall, then reinstall then turn base back on and go from there,
As I said please let me know
dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Rubyphilipgriffwrote:
Hello everyone in the community Arlo has fix the time out issue please log on finally uninstall and reinstall 2.4.10
Version and good luck to all

I updated the andriod app to 2.4.10 this afternoon while I was at the office this afternoon. after I came home, I was keeping my eye on my phone while I was entering the Geofeing zone near my house. No notification say the system is change to disarm... then I open the app, the message pop up. session timed out.........

PS: I've now rebooted the base station, deleted the app, then re-intall, login again, will see how it goes.

VMS4330

Galaxy Note 8 : main account, active for Geofencing.

iPhone 6s+ : 2nd phone, main account login, but not active for Geofencing.

iPhone 6s : guess account grented access and set for Geofencing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I am getting the "Session expired" message with the new app, too, but simply use the "back" button on the device and it works fine. Not sure why the message would still pop up.

Rubyphilipgriff
Tutor
Tutor
Hello after you uninstall reinstall don't forget to turn your phone on &
Off I installed this yesterday the 26th around 11 p.m. I've had no problem with it since I did notice the banner come up briefly but it went away let's everyone keep their fingers crossed
dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

not getting any luck at this.... 

I rebooted the base station, ununstall the app from my Note 8, reboot the phone, install the app from play store, login into my Arlo account. let the phone sit for two hours..... and still getting the session expired issue.

Screenshot_20180327-233745.jpgScreenshot_20180327-233803.jpg

Kwenda
Apprentice
Apprentice

For James C.

Moto G series Android 6.0.1

Deleted Arlo cache and data, uninstalled Arlo app, turned off all cameras and base station, download  Arlo App 2.4.10_20077.

Restarted the whole system again, and tested live streaming at home.

After about two hours opened the app and the dreaded ‘ YOUR SESSION HAS EXPIRED.  PLEASE LOG IN.’ appeared again. 

However a quick touch on the screen; this disappeared, and it has not returned.

Tested live streaming away from home and it worked correctly, tested Geofence operation and this also worked correctly.

Thanks, it would appear that I am now back to normal correct operation.

However I have turned off auto-update from Google Playstore for my apps..

I will in future manually download any new Arlo app,   AFTER I have read any reviews………..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dunno about the fingerprint login but the updated app still gives me the session expired message but a simple use of the Back button clears it.

DaveW-NC
Star
Star
Yep. Back button works. I was pressing fingerprint because that was shown to me, but pressing Back clears it without a login.