Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second Phone Notification Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife and I both have iPhones connected to the system. My phone is receiving notificaitons, my wife's is not. I've checked the notification settings on both phones, they are set the same with notifications allowed. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the application on both phones and re-synced the cameras with no luck. Please help, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's working now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

are you running the same phone and os?

You could force a stop of the app on the wifes phone, clear the cache, then power button reboot the phone...see if that fixes.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, and thanks for the idea I'll give it a try.

DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the tip. I don't know how to delete the cache. I uninstalled the app and data, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app. Still not getting notifications. Also, since the last iPhone app upgrade, after some time one or both of our phones displays duplicate cameras, one set that is non-functional. I see there are other posts about that issue.

CJAnders
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also no longer receive notifications to the 2nd phone number.  Received notifications perfectly up through Dec 22nd and then none since.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have tested this and was able to receive push notifications via iOS. Are you still see this behavior?

JamesC

CJAnders
Aspirant
Aspirant

Once I went into my settings to confirm that I had the second phone number set up and exited (without making changes) I suddenly started receiving alerts to the second phone number, so it is now working.  Thank you for the follow up.

DPotato
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's working now.