Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion not detected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Thman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is anyone else experiencing times when arlo fails to record. Today ups delivered a large package to the front door, (camera located just above door for last year or so) I received notification from Amazon the package was delivered. When I check my video library, there's no video and nothing on the front 3 cameras for almost a two hour period. I have another base station and 4 more cameras out back that all seemed to function fine during the same time frame, so I'm thinking it's not an internet connection issue. Any ideas?

I also keep getting Arlo is currently unavailable message on one system while the other system works normal.
Thanks in advance for any help.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thman,

Camera position can be a factor in motion detection performance. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC

Thman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply, I have read the instruction on how to position the cameras. The cameras seem to have been working great for the last year or so I thought.
The porch camera has recorded everything from racoons, cats, sales people to the occasional wasp, however when I received a large package from ups (approx 3'x5') delivered in plain view of the camera....literally less than 5 feet away and had no evidence of the delivery in my library I started to wonder how much motion I'm actually missing. I've noticed this several times before but wrote it off to someone walking by too quickly or the motion sensor sleeping a little to long.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure the camera is armed at that time. Maybe your schedule is off?
Thman
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks, I leave the cameras armed 24/7.
After reading thru many of the other questions and answers, I'm thinking this may be a common issue that has happened recently.
carissahamilton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same thing.  I had an employee come to our office while closed and the only video it caught was her entering the back door inside the building.  The cameras outside didn't capture anything.  We have had a lot of fog and moisture in the air.  Maybe that it the problem?  I went outside and did a motion test on the porch camera and found that it didn't work unless I was right up on it.  I've never had this problem before.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

carissahamilton,

It could be an issue with the position of the cameras causing the issue you describe. If you (temporarily) relocate the cameras, do you see the same behavior?

JamesC