Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second arlo camera does not appear as a devise when trying to change mode

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Antonis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed a second arlo camera and although I get live pictures when I go to change the mode the camera does not appear a a devise so the mode cannot be changed. Any ideas? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Antonis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot. Problem solved. My cameras are wireless. So only the base is listed. I added a mode so now my system is set up

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Not sure what yours describing but it sounds like you need to add a rule to each mode for the new camera. Edit each mode, add a new rule and use the pull-down menus for which camera detects motion as well as which one records, selecting the new camera for each step.
Antonis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.. What I mean is, that when I press the mode button only one camera appears on the devices, so I cannot change the mode for the second camera because it is not displayed. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
This rather sounds like you're describing a Q camera. What system are you using?

If using Q cameras, each one is displayed separately when selecting the Mode tab. For the wireless cameras, the base is displayed. Selecting the base or a particular Q camera takes you to the modes. Perhaps that's what yours missing?
Antonis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot. Problem solved. My cameras are wireless. So only the base is listed. I added a mode so now my system is set up