Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
oakes5204
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two of my arlo cameras got water inside the battery compartment and rusted out the batteries causing them to malfunction. I have tried to clean the terminals with wire brush to remove the rust, but they no longer work. Anyone else having this issue with the cameras? I"m not sure if this is something that has been fixed with newer models, but I would like to know before trying to replace them. I love the cameras, but I'm now down to only 2 from my original 4. 

IMG_3305.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How old are these? You have at least a 1 year warranty which you can use by opening a case with support here.

oakes5204
Aspirant
Aspirant
These are at least 2 years old, more like 2 1/2 probably. So I figure I’m beyond any warranty. Just wanted to see if the newer models were experiencing the same issue. Because I would love to upgrade to the recharable style.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro series use a rechargeable cube and a totally different connection mechanism. If you're looking a new cameras, I'd definitely go with any Pro-series camera.

oakes5204
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok I’ll have to check those out. Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

oakes5204,

These cameras are designed to be weather-proof. As long as the battery compartment door is closed properly, water/moisture should not be able to enter the battery compartment.

JamesC

oakes5204
Aspirant
Aspirant
I thought so also. I had two that were placed under an overhang so they didn’t have direct exposure to the elements. I also had two other that were placed on the side of the building and they were the ones that failed. I’m not sure what the projected lifespan is but I’m hoping the pro version lasts a little longer