Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
AlexP
Aspirant
Aspirant
After changing the Mode the Camera Sent only live but no vids in the cloud no emails Nothing! I Need your help is there a Reset Butto?
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

A factory reset is below, but you may not have to do it....

First I would just POWER down the base ( via power button ) and restart.

If not fixed, AND SINCE you modified a mode, you prob  just have to add the email back.

Go into the Rules for the camera in question and make sure the email list is there under "send email to this list"

If you change anything don't forget to SAVE on exit

Then go to the MODE you prev changed and make sure the RULE you just looked at is active ( check is green ).

Test it again.

• Perform a factory reset on your base station. 

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online. For more information, see How Do I Set Up And Sync My Arlo Cameras?.
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
AlexP
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi it just does not sent Any notifications. There Are also no vids in the cloud. Spent now the Wohle Day trying please help.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello AlexP,

If you're not receiving any notifications or media in your library, your base station may be offline. Another possibility is that If at anytime you have deactivated the base station and/or performed a factory reset you will need to re-associate your base station with your Arlo account.

Can you confirm if your base station is online and connected to your Arlo account? Please also confirm Power, Internet, Camera icons show solid green LEDs on the base station. Are able to live stream your cameras. If you're able to do these things then be sure your motion detection mode is enabled.

If none of these suggestions help we may want to open a support case to continue troubleshooting this issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Marky10
Aspirant
Aspirant
My dad gave me his security system and im trying to set it up but it will not let me connect it to my phone wen i try to set up the new system option it say please make sure the phone and arlo base is connected to same wifi and it is i have the ether cable connected and ive reset it would should i do.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't say that your phone is on your WiFi - is it?  Try a computer browser.  For the reset, did you use the proper method, using only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber?

Marky10
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ya the phone is hooked up to the wifi and i did reset the base until amber lights flashed then i let go as soon as there flashed
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC, does the base need to be deactivated in order to install in a new account?  Would the lack of deactivation cause this?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marky10, jguerdat

When transferring a system from one account to another, the only thing that needs to be completed for the new user before they can claim the base station is a factory reset.

A factory reset can be done manually (pressing and holding the reset button) or by removing the base from the account.

Marky10 indicates a factory reset has been performed manually, so this should be enough to allow the base to be added to a new account.

One piece of information that we do not have is the LED behavior on the base station. If everything is behaving as expected, we should have a solid green power and internet LED about two minutes following the factory reset. I would advise completing a factory reset again (hold the reset button until all LEDs flash amber) and allow the base station to come back online with a solid green power/internet LED and attempt setup again.

JamesC