Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
finfan3dp
Star
Star

I'm away from home now, checked in on the cams today, worked fine, checked in again, says the outside ones are off line, and the restart button is missing from both the app and the online settings.  The indoor one is working, so i know it's not net.  I can i reset the base if the reset button is missing?  We have had some breakins in the hood, and i really want to make sure my cameras are online!! Why would they take away the restart button?  Or did they put it someplace new in the app?  Please help!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Using the web interface when you go to settings - my devices the bases is listed twice. Make sure you click on the first instance of the base it should give you time zone, local storage, device info. etc. and at the bottom should be restart and remove device.

finfan3dp
Star
Star
Nope. Only one instance and the only option is remove. It shows offline and remove device. No restart listed.
finfan3dp
Star
Star
This is all it is showing.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If the app is reporting that the base is offline (which it is) then you will not be able to restart it remotely.

Strange that one of the cameras is working. Are you able to live view that camera?

finfan3dp
Star
Star
The arlo Q (not run by base) is seperate and it is working, so i know my network is still good. Looked at the other cams hooked to the base today and was working fine, then boom offline and no way to restart remotely. This has never happennd before.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

OK the Q explains why you are getting recordings. Unfortunately nothing you can do remotely. Your base needs to be manually restarted.