Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Drew1689
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras that I want interaction with. A "Driveway" and "Front" camera. The "Driveway" camera triggers more and is closer to the action. The "Front" camera is more distant and has a wider more all encompassing view of things. It triggers less even after modifying motion settings. I edited my "Armed" rule for the "Driveway" camera so that when it detects motion "Then do the following:" to add have the "Front" camera start recording.  I see that the cameras now appear synced on the "minutes ago" and show a screen shot of the same event in the preview for both cameras. The problem is that I have recorded video for my "Driveway" camera but not for my "Front" camera even though it has been told to record via the rule.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drew1689
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created a ticket with Arlo but have not been able to follow up with them yet.  After reviewing similar issues I was able to fix the issue. I removed each camera from my account and then re-added them back. Then I re-setup the Mode and Rules. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Drew1689 wrote:

The problem is that I have recorded video for my "Driveway" camera but not for my "Front" camera even though it has been told to record via the rule.

Does this happen every time?  Or just sometimes?

Are you getting recordings when you trigger the front camera directly?

Drew1689
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I can trigger the "Front" camera directly and it record video consistently. 

What is odd is the preview for both cameras show the same event scene but there is no video in the library for the "Front" camera. Just the "Driveway" camera. This happens every time.

I really don't want to turn up the "Front" camera sensitivity any more, I would just like it to record when my "Driveway" camera records.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I wonder if it's due to the use of the Armed mode. Create a new custom mode that has the settings you want and use that to see if the same thing happens. The Armed mode is really just to get you going and for troubleshooting and doesn't support all the functionality that a custom mode does.

Drew1689
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestion. I setup a custom mode with rules and have started using that. I setup the same way and unfortunately I get the same results.

Again, it seems to work in that the preview shows the same time and scene (on the preview) for both cameras but there is only a video recorded for the "Driveway" camera in the library. I have restarted my based station as well.

Base Station is a VMB3500r4 firmware 1.12.2.7_7_dd3c705 (no updates available)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the use of the Contact Support link at the bottom here is your next step.

Drew1689
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created a ticket with Arlo but have not been able to follow up with them yet.  After reviewing similar issues I was able to fix the issue. I removed each camera from my account and then re-added them back. Then I re-setup the Mode and Rules.