Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo INSIDE home camera not auto re syncing when we have brief internet outages.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WendyP
Follower
Follower

Hi... I have 5 Arlo cameras, 2 of which are inside the house.   The outside cameras are syncing fine, but the interior cameras, the ones with the sync buttons will not sync back to the wifi unless I press the sync button.  this is fine if I am home, but if we are away, and the cameras will not auto sync, is there a way to do this remotely if I can’t physically press a button on the inside cameras??  This is a new issue.  The inside cameras used to sync back automatically without pressing the sync button for the last couple of years.  We have Xfinity business class internet, and it words great, but it does go out for a minute or two a couple of times a week and that’s when we have the issue.  I go into the app and the interior cameras are never re-connceting like they used to do.       Thanks for any help....I searched the community for an hour and could not find a similar question.       Wendy 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It rather sounds like a 2.4GHz interference issue to me. Start by temporarily swapping an indoor camera with an outdoor one to see if that makes a difference. If not, try moving the indoor cameras to different locations. Also look for any devices near the cameras that use the 2.4GHz band (doesn't have to be WiFi). Removing and resyncing the cameras may also help.