Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
D8675309
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I bought 2 cameras and a base station with two inputs for USB. Thinking both cameras would record. I understand now only one camera can record at a time. Is the best solution a second base station for the second camera?

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The original base can't use the USB ports. However, ANY of the bases support multiple cameras recording at the same time to the cloud.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

The original base can't use the USB ports. However, ANY of the bases support multiple cameras recording at the same time to the cloud.

Also, the bases with a USB port will back up the recordings from all the cameras to a single USB drive.  You don't use one USB drive per camera.

If you can't get two recordings at the same time, then something is wrong.  How fast is your internet upload speed?  If you aren't sure, check it with speedtest.net. 

D8675309
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is the message I get ?
D8675309
Aspirant
Aspirant
But only one camera is recording. Internet speed is good
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure you have the right base selected? This sounds like it's a VMB4000 which has 2 USB ports, both of which can be selected.

D8675309
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. I apologize. You are correct. So how do I get both cameras
To record ?
D8675309
Aspirant
Aspirant
I know I seem like an idiot lol
But I’ve gone through the manual. I’ve gone through all of the troubleshooting articles. I can’t find anything as to why the second camera isn’t recording
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

D8675309
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much. I will do that
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@D8675309

You are welcome. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I will be happy to assist you.