Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo with Pro NEW App problems Android and W10 computer

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
LPX2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Android phone I can watch live but not watch videos is library. On my WIN10 computer I can watch the videos, but not live.

I rec'd an email to upgrade to the new app by September 30. I upgraded my Android phone and deleted the old app.

• Immediately I could not watch the videos in the library ... when I hit the center circle it says BUFFERING for a few secs then I see the circle and it will not allow me to hit it again.   
  • I can watch LIVE only.  
  • I deleted the app and reinstalled twice, same results.
  • Arlo tech support said I am the first caller with this issue. I spent over an hour yesterday on the phone with them, and got no where

My Win10 computer:

• I can watch the the videos in the library
  • When I watch LIVE I get the error message: A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Install latest version.
  • I have downloaded newer version twice.
  • When I called Arlo tech support yesterday, he said to change the settings in chrome – done.  He said it will take a while till the settings changes will occur.
  • Next day, same issue!

Please help - this is really messed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LPX2019 wrote:

My Win10 computer:

• I can watch the the videos in the library
  • When I watch LIVE I get the error message: A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required. Install latest version.
  • I have downloaded newer version twice.
  • When I called Arlo tech support yesterday, he said to change the settings in chrome – done.  He said it will take a while till the settings changes will occur.
  • Next day, same issue!

I use Chrome also.  Even though my.arlo.com is set to allow flash, Chrome still makes me enable it.

When you see the "update" prompt, then

1. click on padlock in the address bar
  2. set Flash to "Allow"
  3. Dismiss the update message by clicking on the "x" in the video window.

FWIW, I upgraded to Chrome 77 yesterday, and I think it isn't happening as much with it.

ashwatts
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issues - all recordings stopped at approx 11pm on 11th september -door bell also now does not work

live is fine but no recordings

new system only purchased in august set uo on e new sony xperia

have seen an outage map on line showing uk has issues but cant see any info on arlo support?? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ashwatts

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

LPX2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay, I tried changing flash. loged out and bk in to refresh app. Now when I hit btn on LIVE, the screen goes black and the floating balls show for a min then it says... An unexpected error occured. Please try again.

I did and still doesn't wk. 😞

LPX2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, called Arlo the day I upgraded to the new app. They weren't very helpful. they said to uninstall the app on my phone. I explained that I had already done it 2xs. I asked to speak to the "tier 2" support; they don't have anyone else. I asked to speak to a supervisor- none avail.

I waited a while and called bk... got the same.  

Both said I was the 1st calller to repor the issue with the phone. I said... well others on the Arlo community are chatting about issues.

Didn't get anywhere.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LPX2019

There have been reports of the live view not loading & library videos not playing. I have escalated the reports.

LPX2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying.  I hope these issues get fixed soon.

Not an effective product that requires 2 devices to get to an end goal.

Can you post when you hear back as to when this will be resolved?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LPX2019

We have been monitoring this thread if you would like to subscribe to it as well.

Link: Live view & Library won't playback video randomly

LPX2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called Arlo support on 9/17 to f/u on the case # I had been given in a previous call to see if there was a resolution. After spending 30 mins on the call, he said I could be transferred to the next level of support (in the last call, I was told there wasn’t tier 2 support). I was transferred - call lasted two hours total.

At the conclusion of the call he recommended four things:

• Unplug the base to reset it, then check the library videos (on android phone) to see if “buffering” still occurs.
    – I’m still unable to play back videos that are recorded. 
  • Check Google Play Store for the new update (2.8.1) released on 9/16. I asked him if it would correct the buffering issue. He said he wasn’t sure.
    – I checked  and saw an update… yes, for 2.8.1 The documentation said it was for 9/16/19. However, after installing I opened “Settings - About” it was for 9/13/19. I looked for another update today…no.
  • When I use Google Chrome, I would need to change the setting each time I get on the computer WiFi to “Allow” FLASH.
  • I should call my internet security provider to see if it is interfering with viewing “Live” on WiFi.
    – I was told by Norton today, when I open Arlo with the VPN on, it could interfere with streaming video. So far, when I turn off VPN, and change to allow flash, I can watch “Live” on computer. I am wondering why it took several calls to tech support to disclose that info!

Not too long ago, I was able to just open Arlo via computer and had total functionality. I always had VPN on and never had to mess with FLASH. I don’t know what happened with their software that caused so many steps now…

Has anyone found a solution to play back videos that are recorded in the library on android phone?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LPX2019 wrote:

– I was told by Norton today, when I open Arlo with the VPN on, it could interfere with streaming video. So far, when I turn off VPN, and change to allow flash, I can watch “Live” on computer. I am wondering why it took several calls to tech support to disclose that info!

Well, Arlo support won't know much about the details of the Norton VPN (there are scores of VPN services out there). And Norton won't know much about Arlo either.  Plus Arlo wouldn't know you were using the Norton VPN unless you told them.  Even if you did tell that, they might not realize that was relevant.  That is of course frustrating, but I think it is inevitable.  Incompatibilities like that are often really hard to track down.

The good news is that you now know about the VPN issue.

Note that the VPN might start working for you again, so you might try it from time to time.

@LPX2019 wrote:

... never had to mess with FLASH. ... 

When I use Google Chrome, I would need to change the setting each time I get on the computer WiFi to “Allow” FLASH.

To some degree this is on the browser folks.  Flash is being deprecated (Dec 2020), and they are beginning to block it by default.  This isn't going to go away until Arlo removes flash from their website.  Hopefully they will do that sooner rather than later.

FWIW, with the current version of Chrome (77) I don't need to change the setting every single time - though I do need to do it sometimes.  Note I generally don't turn my PCs off (I sleep them instead), and I don't restart them that often.