Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Bakso
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all,

I just recently got an arlo. I have set one of the camera to record 20 sec video when motion is detected (instead of the default 10).

However, out of 10 recording happen today, 2 of the video are only contain 16 sec or 18 sec video instead of 20 sec.

Is this a setting issue or other issue?
9 REPLIES 9
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Bakso,

It seems that you got an old version of firmware on your cameras.  I recommend you to have your cameras be updated to the latest firmware version.  Kindly read these links below on how to update the firmware of your Arlo cameras:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-do-I-need-to-know-about-Arlo-camera-firmwa...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-can-I-trigger-my-Arlo-system-to-update-its-...

After you have successfuly updated the firmware of your cameras to the latest version, kindly post here if it has resolved your problem.Smiley Happy

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Bakso
Tutor
Tutor
Hi DaneA,

I have got the camera to update their firmware and now they are on the latest version. However it looks like the random video timer still exist.

I do have a question regarding the steps that Arlo take while on this situation. I set my Arlo camera 1 to turn on if another camera 2 next to it detect movement.

Furthermore I also set camera 1 to record video if it detect movement.

In this instance if an object move from camera 2 motion range which will trigger camera 1 to record and while recording the object go into the camera 1 motion range, what will camera one do?both camera, what will the camera 2 record? Will it stop recording
DaneA
Master
Master

Hi Bakso,

Thank you for your response.

From what I understand about your scenario is that if motion is detected on camera 2, it should record it and fill the 20 sec video time that is set.   As the object moves within the range of camera 1, it should also record it and fill the 20 sec video time that is set as well.  However, what I am thinking is that, it is possible that as the object moves from the motion range of camera 2 to camera 1 in which it records 16 sec or 18 sec only because it has transitioned to the motion range of camera 1. Then as the objects transitions from camera 2 to camera 1, camera 1 should automatically record by the time it detects motion while camera 2 should still continue to record until the object is not within its motion range.

Regards,

DaneA

Arlo Team

Bakso
Tutor
Tutor

Hi DaneA,

I have updated to the latest version and all my camera still ocassionally showing random number while recording. I have also reset all cameras and base station if that helps.

While most of the time it will record on the set timer, the other time it will record either lower or more than the set timer.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've seen this on occasion but not very often.  I don't know what would cause either condition, especially the longer recordings.  The short ones _could_ be due to some sort of network glitch but proving that would be problematic at best.

Dahana
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having this same issue...and it concerns me. I have 5 cameras. My front door and back door cameras are both set to record themselves, and also trigger secondary cameras that cover my front yard and back yard, respectively. I'd say about 25% of the recordings I get are of a "random" length. It seems to be more common on the secondary cameras that are triggered by the motion on the cameras covering the door. They are all set to record either 15 or 20 seconds...but I commonly get clips as short as 7 seconds. I have even got a few 2-3 second snips. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dahana,

How is the signal strength for the affected cameras? Poor signal strength could be causing the cameras to lose connection with the base station cutting the recording short.

JamesC

Dahana
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry...got distracted the last few days. The signal strength usually displays 100% when I check...but sometimes 75%. I've never seen lower than 75.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dahana,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC