Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless 2.5 and 5ghz capable?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

A quick question on these units. I have a dual band router and was wondering if these cameras and base console can operate on 5ghz? I'd like to get away from the neighborhood that runs on 2.5 and limited to 11 channels.

All of my other devices support 5ghz and I have fiber optic internet. If these can run on 5ghz that would cut out a heap of interference around me. I have a next door neighbor that likes to channel hop to my channel everytime I change channels. This would stop him until he goes 5ghz.

Anybody know?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  The wireless cameras have only 2.4GHz capability (the base connects via Ethernet).  I haven't had a problem with two base stations and various WiFi devices on 2.4GHz but I'm not in a high-density situation.  YMMV.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope.  The wireless cameras have only 2.4GHz capability (the base connects via Ethernet).  I haven't had a problem with two base stations and various WiFi devices on 2.4GHz but I'm not in a high-density situation.  YMMV.

ReconyxSC950
Apprentice
Apprentice

Awwww.. that's not good news in my area. I have a conglomeration of about 25+ of people in my neighborhood that utilize 2.4 religiously. I'm going to dedicate the 7 cameras to 2.4 and watch channel followers (my next door dummy) and place all other devices put on 5.0. My ASUS 3100 hits hard and I'll set it to n or 600kps as I have fiber optic blazing speed. This should eliminate any lag between the base station and seeing it on the cloud much faster.

I'll just have to keep an eye on the nosey neighbor who for some reason likes to follow my channel for some reason.

Thanks for the reply as well. Smiley Wink

RSC950

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Routers tend to grab onto neighboring channels automatically. I'm sure he's not doing it deliberately.