Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Firmware Corrupt?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ExRayz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a 3 cam package yesterday and was only able to sync 2 of the cameras. I felt it was probably solvable with some kind of camera reset or something. I did find reference to using the micro usb connection but this did not solve the problem. I kep a live connection overnight as well. Upon power to the camera, the blue LED would light about 2 seconds and then nothing. I did not disrupt sync by removing the battery prematurely. I never got to that step. 

Eventually I took the sytem back and exchanged it for another. Hopefully installation will go smoother this time. 

Decided to post this since this issue with the cameras appears happening throughout the community. 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ExRayz,

I apologize for the frustrating start. After exchanging your Arlo system were you able to get the new one up and running correctly? It sounds like maybe the first kit had a defective camera. I hope the second setup went well!

JamesC

Mrpezzhed
Aspirant
Aspirant
Curious about this. One of my camera's is constantly losing sync. So much that I actually took my Arlo offline out of frustration for a few months. I started all over again and when i synced the troubled camera, it had a firmware update (I do not believe my other camera did). I was able to sync, but after a week or so it started disconnecting. I would resync and it would disconnect a day or two later. Now when I turn on the camera, I get the 1 second "I'm on" light and nothing else. Pushing the sync button does nothing. My other camera has been flawless. Never an issue, and it's much farther away. Just looking for thoughts.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why not contact support using the Support link above?  If one camera works well and another doesn't, you may have bad hardware that needs to be replaced.

ExRayz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased my camera package from Sams Club and returned it for an exchage. After the exchange I did not have further issues. Nevers could figure out the sync issue so it must have been a hardware problem.