Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rechargeable batteries

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jekos
Follower
Follower

Arlo Wire-Free cameras have been designed for use with non-rechargeable batteries. For the best possible experience, we strongly recommend using the non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras, or non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

Maplin in the UK claims that rechargeable batteris can be used, and they sold me 4 batteries and the charger, can ARLO please confirm in clear letters that  DO NOT USE RECHARGHABLE BATTERIES?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jekos wrote:

Maplin in the UK claims that rechargeable batteris can be used, and they sold me 4 batteries and the charger, can ARLO please confirm in clear letters that  DO NOT USE RECHARGHABLE BATTERIES?

Netgear has made the choice NOT to recommend rechargeables due to the problems arising from Li-ion cells ( which are the ones needed for Arlo ).

Many fakes, unprotected, over rated cells on the market AND then throw in possible fire damage ( think of the Galaxy Note 7s recently ) lead Netgear to this decision.

Not to say they don't work well in some conditions, just that Netgear doesn't want that route and if you choose it, you on your own for all.

here is 65+ pages of info.... Read at least the last 15 pages for the latest info ( really read it all before doing )

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-camera...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------