Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Plansman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I believe I found the answer to using rechargeable batteries. I'm about to invest in Tenergy batteries and a charger. Supplying 4 batteries in my 4 cameras is getting costly at $42 for 14 Duracells and the batteries drain way to soon for being turned off most of the time. I'm trying to follow that reason and possible corrective actions.

Another question is firmware updates. My station shows I have version 1.12.2.1_2798   Is this the current version? I thought it would update automatically  but I haven't ever seen any notifications of any updates. If not the correct version, please tell me how I get it downloaded and installed.

Thanks in advance

Larry T.

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I use Tenergys. They may last a little shorter but then you can recharge them.

When you say your cameras are off most of the time do you mean that they are not recording any motion or that you have the base turned off?

According to https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes you have the latest firmware on your base which all being well should either update on its own or prompt you to update.

Plansman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Streaker2 for that information. I have never turned the base unit off. I turn the cameras off when not in use which is most of the time and the batteries still drain but not as fast. I am going to order the Teneragy batteries and charger.  Non-rechargable batteries are way to costly.

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Why don't you think about getting an Atlo Pro rechargeable camera instead of spending more money on this older system? Slowly upgrade over time replacing your cameras. Or you can add a complete 3 camera Arlo pro system for about $250.
Plansman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the idea but for now will probably stay with the PRO. I bought the unit with 4 cameras christmas of 2017 from Home Shopping Network or one of those shows for a really good price. Not knowing the battery issue.  I don't really use the cameras all the time as I'm retired and home a lot more. I only mounted two cameras by entry doors so hopefully  getting rechargeable batteries for two units will be enough. I don't need to get too techy at my age.