Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ive read alot of forum posts but no one just gives a straight answer.  Please provide me a link to rechargeable batteries and a charger. Thats all im looking for 🙂

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've done so in multiple posts about the TangsFire 1000mAh batteries. Here is an appropriate search:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Tangsfire+1000mah

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

mountaindewbass wrote:

Ive read alot of forum posts but no one just gives a straight answer.  Please provide me a link to rechargeable batteries and a charger. Thats all im looking for 🙂

Thanks

that's because non so far have met/exceded their actual ratings and want to be the guy that recommends crappy batteries !  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DarkJedi63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone considered using a higher mAh rechargeble battery, for example a

2300mAh CR123A 16340 3.7v Li-ion Torch

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DarkJedi63 wrote:

Has anyone considered using a higher mAh rechargeble battery, for example a

2300mAh CR123A 16340 3.7v Li-ion Torch

Higher is ALWAYS better... but two problems;

1) size varience by manf allowed by set standards ( some just dont fit )

2) I have NOT yet seen a rechargeable 16340/123 cell that is more than 1/2 the oem regular cell  ( that rating is pure BS )

(( prob made in china known for skewed ratings ))

The best cells tested by me and one other are the Tangsfire 3.7v/1000mahr ( which are really close to 700mahr ). But, these lasted the longest at 51 days normal use by me.

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC