Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

batteries

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HMishkoff
Apprentice
Apprentice

What's the best battery value? I like Duracell, but they're so expensive. Somebody seems to be selling them on Amazon, I think they're buying them in bulk and reselling them a few at a time, which means they're in plastic bags rather than their original packaging, which concerns me. Anybody have any experience with buying batteries that way?

Also: I know that Arlo recommends against it, but has anyone had any luck with rechargable batteries? If so, what brand?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You should be able to get batteries by searching so you don't have to pay an arm and leg.  However, if you are really running through batteries, there are huge threads in Buying Options and Tips forum to help you make a decision.  If nothing else, check the last couple of pages of the threads although there's a lot of info buried in there that can be useful.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC