Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jim572d
Follower
Follower

I spent ALOT of money ($700+) buying this CRAPPY system.  I have called MANY times to no avil.  The issues always return.  "The device failed to connect" ALWAYS HAPPENS.  I am lucky if they last 2 weeks without that error!!!  They EAT expensive batteries.  If they last a month, it is good.  These cams are the biggest RIPOFF.  I never get any good support from the company.  They all say "reboot the camera".   But my cams are up in high places!  Getting latter.... again.....  not any more.  Anyone want to buy these crappy cameras?  I am sick of them.  Going to hard wired system!

7 REPLIES 7
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Jim572d,

You mentioned that you contacted the support team many times. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

tmg2714
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agree a lot of money for a crap system. All cameras won’t connect and gives same error message. They are also quite happy to take plan fee every year. How about they deliver a good system or give money back. Hope they go broke in the current climate.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi tmg2714,

What error message are you getting from your cameras? Is this happening on the web client on your computer?

tmg2714
Aspirant
Aspirant
“The device failed to connect. Please try again” this message is only on cameras attached to the basestation. My Arlo Q’s are fine. It happens on any device used.
tmg2714
Aspirant
Aspirant
On the Web portal it now says “Maximum of 5 camera streams are supported simultaneously. Please stop one stream before starting another camera stream. “ However there are no other cameras streaming. I only choose 1 maybe 2-3 at any o e time.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You should be able to stream your cameras now as this was fixed last Saturday (Mar 21, 2020). You can read more about it here: Livestream playback and Recordings missing

rheng
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is still occurring.  Seems like 1 out of my 5 cameras can't view live.  It detects motion but no recording.