Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
So they went down AGAIN and this time the web light was on but i plugged the same wire into my laptop and there was internet. Do you think it could be the hub?
25 REPLIES 25
Jackemiller
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 cameras total. They are all within range of the base station. 2 of them just suddenly started going offline while the others are fine. And the quality of the live stream has went downhill, it's very pixelated. Ive tried resetting the base station, checked my flicker adjustment and checked for update on firmware. None of these have helped. Please help!
gardahk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. Now batteries are drained before they couldn't connect properly. These cameras have been working fine for months. This most recent debacle with cameras not recording hasn't been properly fixed. Now I'm out 10$+ for fresh batteries on to of the hours of time trying to troubleshoot this garbage.
carwer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone come up with a solution? Have only been using a month and have 1 camera that keeps going offline and other 3 are fine. Have removed camera, reinstalled, made sure firmware is up to date, new batteries (batteries drain faster in this camera than other 3), moved location, and 10 min later it’s offline. If you hit sync even not close to base it goes online then off shortly after or bring it inside after removing and reinstall/sync/search for updates. This can’t be normal for a month of use. Wondering if firmware update is not staying- when offline device info is not showing firmware till resynced.
Jackemiller
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've gone through and read some of the FAQs and I haven't seen this particular question asked and I can't seem to find a solution. Ive have month right about a month now too and also tried everything you've done and still nothing. I'm going to have to call customer support and get them to figure this out. You're right, doesn't seem right for only using them a month
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

First, check your base station firmware to see if it is 1.12.2.1_2798, if it is, then it could be the firmware issue that we all having. This firmware is creating a lot of issues, most issue is pixelation, blurry and herky-jerky motion.

But you can still try to do factory reset, but you will lost all the connection, you need to re-sync all the camera. Good luck.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping cameras around to ensure it's not something about the location that's causing the issue.

carwer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware says 1.12.2.1._2798 and have already tried moving it to different locations as well as where non issue cameras work fine.
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

I'm confused.

Okay. your firmware is 1.12.2.1_2798.

Are you saying some camera working fine, some camera is not working?

What base station do you have? is it basic, pro or pro 2?

how camera's? how many is working, how many is not working?

carwer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes that is my firmware. Base is the basic! Have 4 cameras, other 3 are working fine and just 1 keeps showing offline no matter what I do! (Will go online when I hit sync for 10 min then goes offline Again and batteries drain fast in the one camera that’s having issues)
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

You are the luck one, this horrible firmware does not affecting you.

I would move the problem camera to the base within three feet,

delete the problem camera from the base, then re-sync again,

if not working, then you can do factory reset (lot of work),

if that doesn't work either, I recommend you to connect Arlo support (Chat support) for replacement.

Can I ask you few questions?

1) when did you purchase problem camera?

2) The 3 camera's that's working, were you view them thru IOS or desktop computer? or other equipment?

3) This 3 camera's, were they set up in "Best video" option, how long is the video (120 seconds)? 

4) Is it possible you can share one of your video that is after the firmware upgrade

( time of recording is more than 40 seconds)?

Your help is appreciated.

mbphx
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue as well. I have 4 Arlos and 1 Arlo Pro. the Arlo video quality is terrible and pixalated, grainy and skipping whether on the app or on the website portal.

One camera is constantly going offline. I moved it within a few feet of my base station and it still drops. I have been trying to chat with tech support but they have not been very helpful yet. Asking me to do basic troubleshooting stuff like reboot my router. The Arlo Pro quality is perfect and working as before.

I turned off my wifi. Fresh batteries, power cycled everything across network, relocated base, moved cameras. My network is gigabit up and down. its not my network. Again the Arlo Pro is fine.

After trying everything I went and deleted every camera, reset the base and all cameras and started from scratch. No help. I am with the prior posts. This is a firmware/encoding/compression issue.  I am also on 1.12.2.1_2798.

In case tech support is out the my case is 40898666.

carwer
Aspirant
Aspirant
1) purchased over a year ago but only took out of box just over a month ago
2) I have only viewed on iOS
3) video settings are at Optimized and we’re set up that way but I only get 10 seconds of recording

- cleared out library but will go out shortly to trigger camera then upload video *there HAS been a firmware update since I set them
Up
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, this current firmware 1.12.2.1_2798 is acting very weird, some people having issue with basic, pro or pro 2. your system only affected on arlo wireless basic.

My recommendation to you,  review this two idea's, if you want to support it,

please leave a like, so this issues can be resolved ASAP. 

Roll back to previous firmware 1.12.0.1_27940 from current firmware 1.12.2.1_2798:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Roll-back-to-previous-firmware-1-12-0-1-27940-from-...

Manual Firmware Update:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Manual-Firmware-Update/idi-p/1701867

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary
carwer , That's why your three camera's are fine, because you only have 10 seconds, most blurry /pixeled video and herky-jerky motion does not start until 15 or 16 seconds later.

mbphx
Guide
Guide

I agree. The cameras do look acceptable and then the buffer runs out or something and it all goes blurry. It takes about 10 seconds to fully convert to mud.

dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary

carwer , That's why your three camera's are fine, because you only have 10 seconds, most blurry /pixeled video and herky-jerky motion does not start until 15 or 16 seconds later.

SInce your purchased is over one year, your warranty is over.

But I recommend you to check your camera firmware version and compare with other three cameras that works.

The camera firmware should be 1.3.314, if not, try to update to that version to see that would helps.

carwer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a way to get it record longer then 10 seconds? If I change it to “best video” does that extent the recording time because I have no option to record longer and 10 seconds isn’t long enough and been trying to extend. Thanks
dsiu2902
Luminary
Luminary
No, "best video" option only give you HD. will not extent the recording time.
Are all four cameras has the same firmware version?
To set it longer time:
You have to manual to set it.  You have to go to "mode", then go to "armed" arrow.
pick the camera that you want to extent. hit "edit"
Then go down to "recod video", change the time to 120 sec's, then back.
Make sure you hit "save". 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What color was the Internet LED on the base? Amber means no connection to the servers.

Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
The lite was out(not lit) but i could pull the wire out and plug it to my laptop and it has internet. Pretty sure its not the router or the service, maybe the arlo hub?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be. Try rebooting the router and base, in that order.

Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but iv have done that many times and changed the cat 5 cables aswell
Djjeffa
Aspirant
Aspirant
So it acted up again i rebooted the modem/router and logged back in to arlo with no luck but when i rebooted the arlo hub it started to work. Bad hub?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible. You'll need to open a case with support to get a replacement:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx