Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mystere
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Not receiving any push notifications on android phone when arlo app is logged out. When app is logged on phone, notifications come through.

I tried on iPhone and notifications comes through with arlo app logged in or out. All notification settings in android enabled and have uninstall and reinstalled app and reset android phone. Please help.
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't speak for iOS but the app has to be logged in for notifications to occur. There's no real reason to log out.

Mystere
Guide
Guide
App automatically logs you out once app is logged in on another device. I just switched over to android phone and experienced this issue of not receiving notifications.

When on iOS no need to have app logged in.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mystere,

Try using the new Arlo app to see if that helps. You can read about the new Arlo app here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

Mystere
Guide
Guide
I just tried the new app and still not receiving notifications when app not logged in. Checked all notification settings.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mystere wrote:
App automatically logs you out once app is logged in on another device. I just switched over to android phone and experienced this issue of not receiving notifications.

When on iOS no need to have app logged in.

When connecting on another device, you're not logged out (or shouldn't be) but just disconnected. I do this all the time, switching between 3 Android devices. Actually being logged out means the app isn't running in the background so notifications can't be sent.

Are you using fingerprint logins? Have you tried disabling that?

Mystere
Guide
Guide
How,

My buddy and his wife are both on android and neither of them have the app logged in for push notifications .

I've tried removing fingerprint log in but still the same.

Could this be a glitch on my phone? Just got the new Note 10+ last Friday. I'm receiving notifications for everything else though.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, never use the Log Out function on the app - just go home or use the Back button to background the app. Logging out is different from backgrounding the app.

Have you tried reinstalliong the app? In the phone settings for the app, are notifications enabled? Use Settings, Notifications on the phone to go to the phone settings. Be sure to not only enable notifications but also click on the word for additional settings.

Otherwise, contact support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Mystere
Guide
Guide
Hello,

I've tried leaving app running in background but once my wife logs in on her phone, I'm kicked out of app and no longer receive notifications.

I've reinstalled app several times and reset my phones settings with no avail.

As, I had mentioned on my previous posts that this notification issue was non existent on iPhones. This only happened when I switch to android. I beleiver there are several other members who have reported this issue on the forum.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, the primary user (you or your wife) should use Settings, Grant Access to the other's email address. When the process is completed, each will log in uniquely and won't kick the other off.

As to why you aren't getting notifications when backgrounded, all I can offer is that delays of notifications can occur if the phone is sleeping. If you never get any notifications even after waiting long periods of time, I'd suggest contacting support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx