Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Suddenly the Push Notification not working - yes I already ckd Iphone Settings and Arlo.  Read all the other comments.  Going to return all of this for a refund -worthless without push notifications

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Amazing there is no phone number to call - unless i just can't locate it.  I will post everywhere I can - DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK.

victhedude
Initiate
Initiate

experienced the same issue just now.  I've had the ARLO for 4 months with no issues and all the sudden it's not notifying me a recording has occured.  

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Had mine since August with no problems until now.
EthersTragic
Tutor
Tutor

I've done the same things as you. Literally tried everything. I've had this system for almost 6 months now with no problems until today. Worked this AM, then this evening it just stopped sending me notifiations.

this needs to be fixed NOW.

Puluke
Tutor
Tutor

Just talked to Neal at Netgear, he said they are aware of the problem and are going to have a meeting about it tomorrow, (Thurs) and they "hope" to have it fixed on Sat! He said they only people who are having problems are using IOS 9.2 I told him that I updated my devices a week ago and this problem did not start until this afternoon. I told him they must have another problem and he said they were still looking into it.

EthersTragic
Tutor
Tutor

Oh, well at least you got the time of the meeting out of them. They told me they were "collating" the issues and would talk about it at the "next meeting", but wouldn't tell me when that meeting would be....I can't imagine going for very long without these notifications! It must be specifically an iPhone issue...my hubby is getting his notifications on his Android phone (although only on wi-fi....totally different annoying issue that I can't seem to fix...)

I live in a crazy crazy city that most recently appeared on the news for a national crisis and so tension and anxiety are very high for me...I really need this system working properly and FAST.

ginoblass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happend to me today Wed.. I just update my phone to ios 9.2 yesterday.. all of a sudden it stop sending alerts. looking froward to having them figure this out. but .. on the ipad that was not updated. we get no notifications anymore either.. so something is strange at the Arlo camp.

Puluke
Tutor
Tutor

ginoblass wrote:

Same thing happend to me today Wed.. I just update my phone to ios 9.2 yesterday.. all of a sudden it stop sending alerts. looking froward to having them figure this out. but .. on the ipad that was not updated. we get no notifications anymore either.. so something is strange at the Arlo camp.

All of a sudden my notifications started working again! Maybe Netgear is monitoring this forum! If so thank you Neatgear!

ginoblass
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just called and spoke to Neil toooo and my notifications started working again as well .. Awesome !!!!

TheHeathen
Guide
Guide

And I thought I was the only one with the issue.  Shoulda checked here before spending a half hour going over all the settings.  I've only been using it a week and until now it's been problem-free.  As far as it being an issue only with IOS 9.2, well nope - I'm still on 9.1 and like everyone else it stopped notifying me this evening. 

Edit: I now see it's back up and working.  Good - I was about to blast them for waiting for meetings until they devised a fix.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We identified and resolved the issue shortly after it was reported. If you are still experiencing this please let us know so we can investigate further.

Thank you!

JamesC

Sage3113
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine aren't working in gonna return this bunk **bleep** and get a new set up. People don't buy cams for them not to work. I'm livid!!!!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sage3113,

With the most recent update, push notifications are now designated on/off per camera. Check the rules for each camera to make sure push notifications are enabled. You can find more information on changes made to modes/rules here: How do I create and define Modes & Rules?

JamesC

ginoblass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good info because all of a sudden I was not getting any push notifications ( for the second time) and I didnt set that after i upgraded the app but was still getting push notifications.. .. Changed the setting and now I got them back .. this is a little strange .. but this system works well for my use. thanks for this info !!

Sin_City
Star
Star

Still not working for me after going into MODE and checking the Notification box. Stopped working a few weeks ago. IOS 9.21. Still get email notices.

Sin_City
Star
Star

It was working when I was away from home. Now that I am home and in the "Armed" mode, it doesn't send notifiers. Does the new app know that I am home so it doesn't record and send me a notification? That shouldn't be right.

I don't know if it is the app upgrade or IOS upgrade that is causing these issues? I never had this problem before.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sin_City,

Check your iOS settings to make sure push notifications are enabled. Also consider reinstalling the Arlo app.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sin_City wrote:

It was working when I was away from home. Now that I am home and in the "Armed" mode, it doesn't send notifiers. Does the new app know that I am home so it doesn't record and send me a notification? That shouldn't be right.

There's no geo-fencing going on so it can't know when you're home.  However, is it possible you modified the Armed mode?  Edit it and verify that the notifications are enabled.  And then there's always the app reinstall...

Aka1416109
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sending me notifications on iPhone please advise
Aka1416109
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is aware of an issue with iOS push notifications and is actively working on a resolution as soon as possible. I will post an update here as soon as I get more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

tambeo
Tutor
Tutor

Just had this package yesterday and push notification and emailing were working but stopped this morning. Already checked my iphone Arlo app and Android device app notification setings and Arlo's Modes but no luck. The cameras will not trigger cloud recording when cameras detects motion and audio. Have tried all different modes (default and customized) and also logged out and back in serveral times. Please advise!

Pallard40
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an android phone and have done all the above ideas and I still do not get push notifications. Very frustrating!