Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Plenty of Battery confusion ARLO wireless camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Shopping for compatable CR123As for ARLO cameras has become impossible..my cameras originals came with Tenergy non rechargeable  batteries..now all of a sudden Tenergy battery’s on Amazon say they are NOT compatible with ARLO cameras.  Many other manufactures are stating the same thing.  How is it possible that batteries built to the CR123A specifications which is what ARLO recommends using won’t work?  WHAT BATTERIES IS ARLO RECOMMENDING FOR USE?  Why is this becoming so difficult all of a sudden?  I’ve been using Tenergy battery’s for two years without a problem.

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@pnickel

I can't answer your questions about the Tenergy batteries as I have not used them since my first ones that came with the system died. I have great success with both Duracell, Energizer and Panasonicc CR123 Lithiums for two and a half years.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any 3.0v CR123A lithium battery should work fine. There can be small differences in exact size but with careful handling will be fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pnickel,

For information on what batteries to use with your Arlo Wire-free camera, take a look here: What kind of batteries does my Arlo Wire-Free camera use?

JamesC