Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Picture turns red

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
cptfrank
Aspirant
Aspirant

My outside camera is showing a red image. I have only had the 3 camera system for a week now after purchasing it from Sam's Club. The outside camera did it before and I got it to show a normal image by restarting the base station. It was alright for a couple of days and now it is back to a red image. I can not get it to show a normal image this time. The image is red and can not be reset. Also one of the indoor cameras reported that it was offline and I had to change the batteries after less than a week of service. This seems to be a very buggy system for the price. At this point I am very dissatisfied.

melliott23454
Initiate
Initiate
My camera turns red. I reset and it comes back. How do I replace it thru arlo?
rtechgeek
Star
Star
Contact netgear technical support.
MB25
Tutor
Tutor
How do I fix a red picture on my camera in the daytime
MB25
Tutor
Tutor
What is the netgear technical support. number?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MB25,

I will reach out to you in a private message to further assist.

JamesC

MB25
Tutor
Tutor

James

when will you reach out?

ReyrCruz
Tutor
Tutor
It happened to me and Netgear sent me a new camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MB25,

I have already sent a private message. I also see that you have contacted support and have an open case, please continue working with support to resolve this issue.

Thank you!

JamesC

Blueliner44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with one of the three cameras that I just received today via Amazon.   More pink then red.   The two other cameras have a great picture.

rtechgeek
Star
Star
Open a case with netgear support and they will likely replace it. Its a known manufacturing defect that Netgear chose not to recitify before shipping Unfortunately you'll have to pay shipping to get a replacement unitm . Honestly, I would return the lot to Amazon and make it Netgear'S problem. Maybe after a number of returns Amazon will convince Netgear to fix the problem before inconveniencing their customers. Once you get them working, the product does a good job, though the overall product concept needs inprovement. Good luck
Majorteb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've recently installed cameras and am having the red tint on one. I have reported the problem but was wondering if anyone ever received a solution.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blueliner44, Majorteb

Welcome to the community! I will reach out to you both via private message to further assist you in solving this issue.

JamesC

yadi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried opening and closing battery case and also removing batteries and reinstalling them several times to fix the red image problem on a camera that is only a couple of weeks out of the box. I need to have this camera replaced.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

yadi,

Welcome to the community! I will reach out to you in a private message to further assist.

JamesC

TOPruitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a camera that have had to change batteries every 2 weeks since purchase, The settings are the same as the others and I have not had to change the batteries yet. The camera is not used any more then the others.  Now the camera has turned red. I have reset the camera and the system no to avail. I need some trouble shooting advice.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

TOPruitt wrote:

I have a camera that have had to change batteries every 2 weeks since purchase, The settings are the same as the others and I have not had to change the batteries yet. The camera is not used any more then the others.  Now the camera has turned red. I have reset the camera and the system no to avail. I need some trouble shooting advice.

Sounds defective... Since the normal fix is to reset the camera by opening the battery door for afew seconds. and you did that, Contact Netgear for a trouble ticket.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TOPruitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

By phone or email?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TOPruitt,

I will reach out to you in a private message to help resolve this issue.

JamesC

MRoyal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an camera positioned outside that has begun experiencing the red/pink condition.  It started right when the batteries become extremely low.   They have been replaced and the condition remains.  This is for both night and day.  Night is spotty and appears normal and red, primarily red.  I have taken out the batteries, and reinserted a couple of times, but the condition remains.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Mark

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MRoyal,

JamesC

Roatts
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have this pink issue. Can you post a public fix?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roatts,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team. They will provide you instructions on how to proceed with a potential RMA for your camera.

Let me know if you need any assistance!

JamesC

Agentmilstein
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue, please let me know what to do?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Agentmilstein,

JamesC