Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
Hurricane75
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same issue today on one of the cams
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Hurricane75,

This condition has been known to happen where the cameras are placed outside in cold weather (snow on the ground) and a power cycle of the camera should resolve this issue. If it continues to happen after the power cycle please contact our NETGEAR support center to troubleshoot this issue further where we can also process an exchange if needed.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
shopkins1994
Tutor
Tutor

I have seen it happen when the camera is in IR mode and lights come on and it has to switch back to normal light mode. It turns red.

Also, what is Netgear thinking having to pop out the batteries to reboot a camera? I have ones mounted to my house and high in trees. That means I have get out my ladder, in the snow, pull the camera down, pop open the battery compartment, replace the camera, adjust the camera to the right viewing angle, and put away my ladder. What the heck? 

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Shopkins1994,

Yes, you're are correct. In colder weather the transition from infrared to full color is typically when this issue is seen on some cameras. We understand that having to power cycle the camera is not ideal. However, in some cases we have found this to be a way to resolve the issue permanently. If the symptoms continue to occur the camera may need to be replaced.  

We are actively investigating ways to prevent this issue from happening in the future but currently do not have a time-line for release. This is one of our top priorities to get resolved!

Thank you for your feedback and contribution to this topic!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Hurricane75
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that as well and it doesnt really fix the issue, I think my cam needs to be replaced, also I have another cam that is dead no response when opoeing or closeing the bat door and app says it offline, restared the base and nothing, so I would need both cams replaced and system is only 2 days old. please help.

GB
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same issue, with one of 2 cameras recording at night in red. When first installed 1 day ago recording was in B&W

Shaun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my camera. I purchased them the other day and installed/setup today. They started out just fine, but currently one of them is showing a red color. I need a fix quick as this is set up to catch some punk teens who have been breaking into my car (4 times in 3 months)....please help

Hurricane75
Aspirant
Aspirant
What support told me to do is restart the cam open door wait about 10secs and then close the door let it boot back up and that will fix it, it fixed mine for about a day and then back to red / pink its not a perment fix but it will get the cam up quickly, they need to look into this and fix the problem
MamaSkylight
Guide
Guide

Screen Shot Back West Camera.pdfI have one camera doing that, too.  When I asked chat help--they said it was because it was detecting motion, but I think they thought I was asking why the little running man was red...not the VIEW.

Draygen
Tutor
Tutor
Haha yeah no. Not motion related. Seems to be a problem with no solution yet. Getting a replacement was the only fix for me. Mine went in and out of the "red mode" on it's own with no real reason. One day it was red, and the next it wasn't. Netgear' def working on it tho and they sent me a replacement right away.
ECW55
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a camera which has lost its color picture and has a reddish tent
johndforney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo for a little over a month.  A few days ago it started to show all new pics and video in red.

I initially thought it was because I receive a low battery notification.  I replaced the batteries today and everything new is still coming in red.

Please inform me of what my next steps are.  Software is at 1.2.2412

Thank you!

-John 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

johndforney wrote:

I have had my Arlo for a little over a month.  A few days ago it started to show all new pics and video in red.

I initially thought it was because I receive a low battery notification.  I replaced the batteries today and everything new is still coming in red.

Please inform me of what my next steps are.  Software is at 1.2.2412

A fix ( the camera view is red due to IR filter stuck ) is to open the battery door for 5 seconds then reclose.

It should fix the "RED" issue.  If it occurs more than once/twice after rebooting camera then contact Netgear re issue.

You SW is current.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mphmax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having problems with one of my camera's showing a red picture

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @mphmax,

I’ve sent you a private message to collect more information regarding your Arlo Security System. I would like to work with you on resolving the issue you are encountering.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
ugarx
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, all. I just purchased an add on camera and I'm having the "red camera" issue. My other two cameras work beautifully. Everything is pinkish red with my newest, third camera.
ugarx
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having this same issue. No need to go into further detail. I still see no REAL answer to resolve this issue in any part of this or any thread listed here. Thanks!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ugarx wrote:
Hi, all. I just purchased an add on camera and I'm having the "red camera" issue. My other two cameras work beautifully. Everything is pinkish red with my newest, third camera.

The fix is to open the battery door and reset the camera...  If if happens once or twice its a glich if it happens more then contact Netgear

BobS
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is a new installation of 5 cameras purchased and installed in the last couple of weeks.

I am experiencing the red image problem continiously in the last few days on one camera only, it seems to work in night vision mode but turns red in daylight - The camera is installed outside.

I brought the camera inside and changed the batteries and it worked correctly, as soon as I  put the camera outside it was red immediately and is staying red.

I did remove the plastic film on the lens as it was clearly packaging material.

regards

Bob

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I am experiencing the red image problem continiously in the last few days on one camera only, it seems to work in night vision mode but turns red in daylight - The camera is installed outside.

I brought the camera inside and changed the batteries and it worked correctly, as soon as I  put the camera outside it was red immediately and is staying red.

I did remove the plastic film on the lens as it was clearly packaging material.

contact netgear for assistance with you camera, it may be a defective unit.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @BobS,

I work in the Arlo Customer Support department.

I've reached out to you in a personal message to address this problem you're seeing.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Explorers
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. First with one camera, now with a second. Motion record works on both. Removing then replacing the batteries fixes it for awhile. However, one just returned to red during the day after about five minutes or less.

I have 5 cameras.

Thanks.

-Allen
BrianL
Master
Master

Hi Explorers,

Thank you for reporting the issue that you have with your cameras. I would like to know if the red picture only happens in two and the rest is functioning well. I am not sure if you have tried opening the battery door for 5 seconds and then close it. If that won't fix the issue, kindly contact our support center to troubleshoot further and ask for exchange if needed.

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

lstockda
Tutor
Tutor

I just purchased the 2 camera package and one camera is experiencing the red picture issue.  I've removed the batteries 6 times with the same results...it good for a few minutes and then turns back to red.  Can someone from Netgear contact me to help resolve this issue.  Other then this I'm happy with the purchase.

Thank you

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello @lstockda,

I’ve sent you a private message to collect more information regarding your Arlo Security System. I would like to work with you on resolving the issue you are encountering.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team