Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Roatts,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team. They will provide you instructions on how to proceed with a potential RMA for your camera.

Let me know if you need any assistance!

JamesC

View solution in original post

326 REPLIES 326
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired
Hi John. I work in the Arlo support department... I'll reach out to you in a personal message to address this problem you're seeing.
Blackharley
Guide
Guide
Having same issue
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

John wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?

Hi @John 

What are the firmware versions on your cameras that demonstrated this issue?

John
Guide
Guide

Thank You

John
Guide
Guide

Blackharley
Guide
Guide
Mitchell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with my outside camera.  Cycling power solves the problem for a day, but that's a pain.  Contacted Customer Support, they created a case file and will get back to me.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Mitchell,

This issue seems to be a growing trend. We have notified our development team and are working with them to isolate the root cause of the issue. I apologize in advance for this seemingly silly question... but to confirm, have you removed the clear plastic film that covers the camera lens during the packaging process?

My guess is yes, but wanted to be sure this isn't a simple fix!  Are you aware of any specific steps you can do to replicate this issue? Is your camera detecting motion at night then it doesn't convert back to Day mode cleanly?

I look forward to your update.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Mitchell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Christine,

Thanks for the response.

All film from packaging has been removed, I wish it were that easy.

I haven't played around with it that much (I have to get a ladder to get it down).  I've only reset the camera a few times, then it will function normal for a day.  I think you might be right that it is going into night mode and doesn't come out the next day and is recording in night mode during the day causing the redish hue.

Sounds like Netgear is going to replace the camera, I'm working with a support manager & have a support case open for the problem.

I think it's also prematurely draining the batteries, the camera that is acting up drained the fist set of batteries in little over a week.  I pulled the batteries and tested them, and they were out of juice.  My second camera that is working fine is still on the first set, I pulled and tested them (Since the camera reports they are low due to unrelated software issue) and they are still fully charged.

-Mitchell

John
Guide
Guide
Ok. Will wait for your message
shopkins1994
Tutor
Tutor

Dang I am getting a red camera, too.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi shopkins1994,

I have created a case for you in our Support application. I'll reach out to you from there. Thanks for your report.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

jblackorby
Initiate
Initiate

Hi.

I, too, am experiencing this problem.  The camera was working fine for a couple of weeks and it started shooting in red (in may case...perhaps a bit pink) on Thursday and has been doing so ever since.

Should I contact Netgear support?

Cheers.

Jose

Alexmiami
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue, I installed and received the camera yesterday , this morning no battery like 11% and the camera is still red during day time, what should I do ? Is this camera defective ?
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

jblackorby,

I have created a case for you in our Support Ticketing system, and I'll have someone reach out to you from there. Thanks for your report.

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support Team

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Alexmiami,

Our records show your camera is still on older firmware. Please power cycle it by opening and closing the battery door. It should then begin the firmware update process, and you'll see the LEDs alternating from blue to amber. Let this process continue until you see a series of rapidly flashing blue LEDs (this will happen after the LEDs turn off for a while).

Once it's on the new firmware, your battery level should report correctly. Let us know if that helps, and whether you're still seeing the red image.

Thanks!

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support Team

srice99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue as others in one of my four cameras.  I have cycled it on and off three times with no change.  I also find it interesting that the support website doesn't have a link to send an email.  And, the phone support isn't available on the weekend.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello srice99,

I'll create a case to replace this red camera for you. Please keep an eye out for an email from Netgear Support. 

Looking forward to resolving this for you.

DanielT

srice99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you please resnd the email regarding the replacement of this camera? It went into my junk mail and was deleted.

Thanks

Draygen
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same issue with one out of the four cameras I have. Within a day of buying it one went red, did a reset, was fine for about 12 hours, went red and battery's showing low now, replaced batteries and reset again. Worked fine for about 24 hours then went red again. Everything else on the camera seems fine. Streaming, motion, IR, all good. Firmware is up to date. Any info would be great. I'm not looking forward to packing it back up and returning it. Thanks
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Draygen,

I've reached to you in a Personal Message seeking more information in order to resolve this for you. Thanks for posting to the Arlo Community.

DanielT

Draygen
Tutor
Tutor

Got it, looking forward to a reply, thanks for the quick response

Draygen
Tutor
Tutor
Got your message on the 18th and replied same day. Still waiting on a response. Thanks !
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Draygen wrote:
Got your message on the 18th and replied same day. Still waiting on a response. Thanks !

Thanks, Draygen. I've reached out to you via personal message and also via your Arlo-registered email. A support ticket has been created for you in our CRM system. I look forward to hearing from you.

DanielT