Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
jwnomaha
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set my system up today and have one camera that is red.  Based on what I have read here, looks like I just need to go to netgear for the solution?  Is that correct?  i have not yet attempted to take the batteries out and reset as it is in a location that I have to pull out my ladder.

please advise.

Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor
If you recently bought within the last 30 days say for example SAMs Club, take it back for either a refund or get a replacement system. Make sure you have your receipt. That's my recommendation!!
Skidoomxz700
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same pink camera problem can you help thanks
Skidoomxz700
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Search is your friend.  There's a zillion threads here, all with the same answer.  Contact support and open a case since it's a hardware issue.

Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor
Alot of previous threads have mentioned that TS wants money to troubleshoot the problem. They already know that its a firmware/hardware issue. So why the cost? This is unacceptabe under warranty conditions. My 2nd system on the 29th day produced a red screen. I boxed it up and brought it back to SAMs. This is a good system. But until Netgear resolves the issue and not at the expense of the consumer, I will wait a year.
Dhx2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Add me to the list of pink camera output
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you add yourself to the open cases? Without that nothing is going to happen.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dhx2,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply....I returned my second complete set back to SAM's....I will wait about 6 months for NETGEAR to resolve the firmware issue, and then perhaps try again.

tomtorre626
Tutor
Tutor
I've had my 10 camera system for 15 months now and one of my outdoor Arlo camera have either a Pink or sometimes a Red picture.ive tried every temp fix on this thread but nothing has help ,what are my options to get this camera replaced?
Hockey01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Image is pink
Device fw: 1.2.10342
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
As JamesC posted above, contact support and open a case. It helps to read the thread you're replying to.
tomliver57
Tutor
Tutor
Get it replaced
Bulrus123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased single arlo camera .had it on yesterday and thru the night and this morning have the red hue ,WHAT TO DO WITH THE HUE ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read this thread (or one of the many others on this topic)?  The solutions are posted - try removing and reinserting batteries and, failing that, contact support.

Bulrus123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok jg thanks
Dfrank
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im at a dissatisfaction as well.. My cameras are doing the same thing
manfredz
Hero
Hero

DFrank, did you follow the advice posted?

Hockey01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed batteries but that didn't work. The image is still pink I'm hoping a firmware update fixes the issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hockey01,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Hockey01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I contacted support and submitted and RMA to replace the unit.

Hitch
Guide
Guide
My one camera that stays red more than black and white is the only one that does not have battery issues, the other 2 cameras seem to lose their juice whenever the weather turns cold, around freezing ?
Getting tired of buying and changing batteries, starting to regret buying this system.........
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

I still haven't bothered changing out the one cam I had that presents red about 90% of the time . . . . . . so bothersome for something I was hoping would work well out of the box for a reasonable period of time.  Had one cam give off a 'blue' tinge . . . .just once if I remember correctly, but nothing since.  I am getting some odd disconnection errors the last few months . . . they pop up then just as quickly go away with a connection, and I'm getting a couple cam's having connectivity issues much more than what I had the first year or so with them.  I'm just going to monitor and see . . . These cams are the only network hardware that I have issues with and nothing at all has changed in my network for quite a while now.  All is indicated as a strong signal, monitoring with a separate device shows identical signal strength and performance to what was there when they were working consistently well . . .

The battery issues you have . . . . . I live in North Central Alberta and winter is cold, cold (so-so this year, but we've had cold spells this year).  Anyway, I find Duracell Ultra Lithiums work for at least 2 months even in extended cold.  In milder weather I get 3+ months out of them.  No other battery I've used comes close to those batt's in very cold weather.

Powrsurg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo is a horrible product followed by even more horrible customer support. I have a 10 camera system and 3 of the cameras are red. I call to set up a claim with the support team and they tell me I need my original receipt. This is 2017. WHO KEEPS RECEIPTS!

Seems to me that if this product was worth its marketing, Arlo wouldnt require a piece of paper 95% of the people dicard as soon as they get home.