Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
Nalleballe
Tutor
Tutor

"Please contact the Arlo Support Team"  what kind of answer is that? the link just take my back where I started looking for help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect the link you're referring to is embedded in a reply here, LONG before the recent web site update.  Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here instead.

Brose
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am now also experiencing the red screen issue on both cameras hard wired and wireless can someone please contact me to resolve this issue
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brose,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Jasp
Tutor
Tutor

I just did a chat with ARLO and they will be sending out a new camara.  I paid 29.90 for it to be sent out and received by tomorrow.  Although I feel that I shouldn't have to pay for a defective camera to be replaced, I also don't want to have to wait 7-10 days to receive a replacement.  My cameras are 2 months old.

Jasp
Tutor
Tutor

*UPDATE*

The replacement that I paid to have overnighted to me at a cost of $29.90 was defective.  That camera within an hour turned red and once again I had to do a chat.  Now because of the weekend I will have to wait several days before I receive a new one.  Saying that I'm frustrated is an understatment.  The system is only 2 months old.  

mmackenzie
Initiate
Initiate

Can someone from Tech Support contact me about this issue.

The image has turned red on my camera. It is at my cottage on an island that I

cannot access until spring. Are there any remote solutions?

Nuraylia
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Have one that has turned red as well.

Arlo Version.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Junagravante
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got same problem. How do i correct it?
Jasp
Tutor
Tutor
You can try to open the battery door take the batteries out, put them back in and let it boot up to see if that helps or you will have to contact Arlo for a warranty claim.
Swat
Initiate
Initiate
I am having same RED video during daytime hours. This particular camera is the only one that keeps having problems.. after the last firmware update this camera keeps falling OFFLINE which is a pain to re-sync it everytime climbing a ladder. Now I have RED VIDEO during the day. I have tried reinserting batteries and it only works for a couple of days. There is no film on the front of the camera either. Please help.
Jiffer
Tutor
Tutor

RED CAMERA OF DEATH

Check it out.... a camera thats turned RED..... Im sure im going to need a new one sent to me. SOB!

mec1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.....happened to two of 4 cameras....please create trouble ticket for me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

Having same issue with a redish-pink screen on one of the cameras. the rest are fine.  I didn't see any posts with resolutions.  Love the system. I have only has this up and running for a couple of weeks now.  Bring it!!!

Gerry

JBoo2911
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same issue, just started with this red/pinkish screen now. Need to get this resolved ASAP!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you take the time to read a few messages above here you'll see exactly what you need to do to get it resolved.
tomliver57
Tutor
Tutor
I having the same problem the picture gone red
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah...Tried the pulling batteries out step...didn't resolve it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
If you take the time to read a few messages above here you'll see exactly what you need to do to get it resolved.
Souchmkcg
Tutor
Tutor

Since I bought the system less than 30 days ago. I can return the system from where I bought it for a full refund or get a new system.  I also had a 3 year extended warranty as well.

tomliver57
Tutor
Tutor
I had that tried everything. Took the camera back and changed it
tomliver57
Tutor
Tutor
Also been told the is am app u can get that only picks up body heat . Lol spent 2 days trying to get it .it in posable. My wife has a apple I phone was told the was an upgrade that would put it on her phone. Again spent a week trying to get it on her phone . You need a degree to sort it out lol
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you're aware that there is a problem, why are you still selling them? Bought the system 3 weeks ago and have the now infamous red picture!