Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

John
Guide
Guide
Hello,

Has anyone experienced this issue. On several cameras, at one point, when the night vision turned on, instead of a B/W picture the picture was red. When I took out the batteries and reinserted the problem fixed itself. Now on one of the outdoor cameras the picture is once again red?
326 REPLIES 326
El_Chapulin
Tutor
Tutor

Pokey021 wrote:
I just noticed the same issue tonight as well. How do I resolve it?

Pokey -- you will need to call the support department. They will open a case number for your issue and they will tell you what to do next. In my case, they asked for copy of the proof of purchase, picture of the serial number of the camera and a sample picture of the pink view from the camera. 

Scooberp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our cameras are taping red during the day and now both are offline and cannot resync, yet. Was showing 3/4 battery life. It has been cold outside, but camera is well covered and next to house window under covered porch. We brought the other one in because it faces more elements.
JGC2000
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's got nothing to do with the cold or the elements they're exposed to. They are simply defective just like the cameras on the other 18 pages of this thread. Just go through the online support process to get replacements. If you read back a few pages you will see the procedure.

JonoStrong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. Please let me know the solution.
Jono
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonoStrong,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

grannie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does no one have the answers for this (turning red).  Taking out the batteries does not work.  shouldn't there be a replacement.  I am so disappointed with this camera

SimonF
Guide
Guide
As an arlo user of nearly 12m I also experienced this issue the other day - and film definitely been removed 🙂
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

grannie, SimonF

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

sinned77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I woke up today and found out that one of my cameras just turned red.  Please help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sinned77,

JamesC

Jross70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I HAVE A CAMERA THAT TURNS RED.......PLEASE HELP.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jross70,

JamesC

Trent109
Aspirant
Aspirant

just so everyone know the first thing they are going to tell you to do is power cycle your cameras (take the batteries out for one minute then put them back in) that didnt fix min.. I am waiting on an email from arlo now

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, create a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

moonoverparma00
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue with one of my cameras also. All of a sudden it's doing it.
SuperTolder
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have gået a n
SuperTolder
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have get a New one, and That is ok.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

moonoverparma00,

JamesC

Bobbermange
Guide
Guide

Even if i take kontakt to support nobody help me, real **bleep** this...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bobbermange,

Do you have a case open already with support for this issue? If you do, please provide me with the case number for review. If not, please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue.

JamesC

Papo-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Outside cam turn video red.
Help
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Papo-,

JamesC

Drjoe007
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues with camera
Netgear will exchange camera if I pay for shipping
Horrible customer support for know issues
Will post bad reviews wherever I can
odoylefm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.  Bought two camera system in December.  Have had numerous issues (alerts not being sent, email alerts showing up hours after recordings), and now this.  Red tint started a few days ago.  Already emailed customer service.

Based on the number of people on this post, as well as the several other posts regarding the same issue (and the Amazon reviews), I can't image this will be resolved any time soon.  Plus the folks stating that I have to pay for return shipping myself, is a but infuriating.  I don't have many options since I'm beyond my return period, and there also aren't many easy to install outside camera options.  Arlo is a great idea, but just not ready for consumer use.

Was thinking about purchasing a third camera, but now might put the money into a hardwired system, instead.

Alfie123
Tutor
Tutor

This is a MAJOR problem for Netgear and they need to get senior management on the case asap to resolve and avoid major brand damage in the maket at speed.

Arlo is a great proposition but is in significant danger of a major false start to what was a highly promising new product. I have suffered the same problem and hiding behind private support interactions with long and expensive resolutions (ie. clients paying and chasing product replacements) is not good enough.

In these cases, you would expect a decent company, especially a global corporate, to conduct a product recall if the problem can not be fixed in the field by the consumers.

Let's hope, if it is a software problem, that a new version can fix the night vision switch and ensures it can turn off in daylight as normal, as sold, otherwise we will all be submitting strange reports to the police if strange suspects are spotted. "well officer, the guy was reddish pink, wearing redish clothes and had red hair!" 

We await a quality customer service reaction.