Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Vito68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried to resync it a couple of times but it isn't working.  Bought a 4 pack system a couple months back and all 4 have been fine.  Even yesterday this camera was working and recording fine but when I woke this morning it says it's off line and so I removed it and tried resync but not working.  The blue lights blink slow and then fast like it is resyncing but nothing is coming up in the app or on my computer.  Any ideas welcome.

33 REPLIES 33
Swolf6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same exact thing happened here. I "removed device" and it won't "add new device". I can't get it to sync. 2 of the cameras had firmware updates that I just did. Now I'm thinking that's what might have been wrong with this one. I'm basically illiterate to wifi technical issues and have no idea what to do?
Vito68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, one of my 4 had a firmware update which updated and came back online just fine. This one just won't re-sync.
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Another update another disaster. HEY NETGEAR FIX THIS CRAP NOW. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. WHEN WILL YOU LEARN THAT YOUR FIRMWARE UPDATES ONLY MAKE THINGS WORSE. PLEASE STOP ADDING INSULT TO INJURY. 

Swolf6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you and same problem here. Just one! Oh my gosh and it imperative that I have cameras going specifically today. But obviously out of my control so I'll just have to accept it and hope it gets resolved. Thanks for that link. At least I'm not going to waste the entire day chasing my tail. 🙂
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well it was not pretty but I had to get the dman ladder out yet 1 more time and resync all 10 cameras to get them back on line. A few of them did not intially accept the sync the first time so I had to pull the batteries and put them back in and resync again. However there may not be a happy ending here. On a couple of my cameras I have the "RED TRIANGLE OF DEATH". This is the symbol that indicates the camera does not have the most current firmware. Us Arlo veterns know this spells instant doom as the last 2 hours of my climbing up and down ladders will be all for not when I wake up tomorrow and find more cameras off line again because of a firmware update.

Let's be positive.

Swolf6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well thank you Jesus! Not sure netgear did anything? All I know is I waited and 9 hours later it synced and is working.......basically (can't get it to invert image but I just started). So maybe they fixed something and everyone's will work now. Thank you for your help.
Vito68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine sat in the drawer all day while we did errands and when we got home I checked and it was working! Not sure why this all happened but camera is back on station and I'll move on for now.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The cameras may have gone offline due to the recent firmware update not completing, for more information on how to troubleshoot this, see here: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues syncing your cameras.

JamesC

mpho
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, had the same issue; one of my cameras went "offline". Wasted a ton of time trying to resync the camera. I tried another camera and it didn't work either. Then one of the other previously working cameras went "offline" too.

What I didn't know was they changed the syncing process. You don't hold down the sync button on the router anymore, but just press it quickly until the sync light flashes. If you press the button too long, it simply won't work.

It would have been nice if they gave me some notification of this "upgrade" process ahead of time.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
One of the eight of mine that went offline last week during the latest firmware disaster is back offline today. Brand new batteries. I have not gone to the gym since owning this system. Going up and down my ladder to resync as often as I have to is plenty of exercise.
Jtoaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone had any luck after re synching? I contacted support days ago with no response yet. If anyone has any info on how to fix let me know. I like the product and have had my system for months but the same response of "check the batteries" is ridiculous. I'm thankful this community is here I've gotten more info here than I've received back from Netgear. Thanks again everyone posting here.
Swolf6
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think at first when I was re syncing it I held the button in too long because I thought you had to hold it but if I just tapped it on the router and then did it on the camera and then I just waited. I actually walked away from it because my normal respons is to keep doing something over and over until I get it to work and I think the firmware updated on its own because about an hour later when I went back to it was working. But I have learned from other people posting in this community that a lot of people have had the same problem with holding the button too long. Originally I thought that would reset it or something but it was very unnecessary. One more thing I did was unplug it and wait about 15 seconds and plug it back in and I don't know if that had anything to do with it.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jtoaster,

If you're experiencing a camera offline issue, consider the troubleshooting steps in this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

Also, if you would like, provide me the case number you have open with support and I will take a look at your case and provide any feedback that I can.

JamesC

Jtoaster
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good evening James,
I tried the troubleshooting to no avail. Today I removed both cameras from the system and tried to re add them as if they were new. One synced and the other did not. However the one that did sync will not follow any of the rules set for it but will display when I click "live". Both cameras are functional as far as turning on and infrared lights coming on upon first activation. The app opens but now only one camera is active the second one wouldn't even sync. My case number is #27484338.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jtoaster,

Thank you for the case number. It sounds like there could be a separate issue involved. I will take a look at your case and escalate if needed.

JamesC

Miovideo
Aspirant
Aspirant
All my cameras are off line. I've tried everything possible
New batteries, re synced, powered down and reset the unit, checked and a reseat on the cable and still off line error. I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, still I get off line error. Now I can't get my sign in to remember my password. I've had this unit 1 yr and everything was fine until a week ago. Help!
Toddm
Initiate
Initiate

Have been having this issue for weeks and still haven't figured it out. I have re synced cameras which some worked and some didn't. The ones that worked only lasted for a day and went back offline. I changed batteries and tried again. Same thing. I had 3 of 9 cameras working for a few days. I just tried rebooting the base station and now they are all out. At a loss here on what to do. I read the better admin recommendation and have done it twice. Not really wanting to climb a ladder for the 5th time for something that doesn't work. Has anyone got theirs working that hasn't been recommended?

Lonewolve
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having an issue with what I call the random offline issue of one of my cameras, I'm running firmware 1.2.7730 model H7 . This camera has a mind of its own - it works for 10 days with no problem then I wake up check my camera and it's off line. 

The other cameras are fine, in the past I've changed the batteries, resynced the camera and work for a few days then bang off line. It's a security camera for a condo that I'm away from two weeks a month. It's frustrating I'm looking to replace it if it can't be fixed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For all of these issues above, contact support (there's a link at the bottom here). it may be bad hardware that needs a replacement.

Lonewolve
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jug

thanks for the response I followed the link "contact support" it took be back to the same web page that got me to the communities. I did send an email via that page with by Arlo issue, we'll see if anyone gets back to me.

cheers

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you saw but it should have taken you to https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx where there are several methods of contacting support as you go down the page.

Miovideo
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's fixed!!! I removed the base station and then reloaded it... It came back faster than Trump at a beauty pageant. Thanks for all the help!!!!
Birdseye2
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Birdseye2,

Are the batteries depleted? Open and close the battery compartment door on the camera, what is the LED behavior?

JamesC