Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
carly
Star
Star

Hello,

One of my three cameras says it is offline.  Anyway to remotely get it back online?

Thank you.

23 REPLIES 23
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a possiblity that restarting the base station will pick it back up ( SETTINGS, BASE STATION SETTING, Restart )... it won't hurt any thing to try.

But, what you may have to do is reset the camera by OPENING the camera battery door and reclose same.

( don't forget to check battery levels and wifi signal level to ensure proper function of camera )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
carly
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply. I did restart the base station but no luck. Looks like I will have to reset the camera once I get there. 

Hurricane75
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having the same problem restarted the cam and base but now can has no lights on it when opening or closing the door other cams are fine, had system for 2 days
Colleen
Star
Star
I am 518 miles from the offline camera. Is there a way to put the camera back online remotely?? I just installed this Tuesday! Not happy...
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No... there is no remote restart for a camera

Colleen
Star
Star
It was the only camera that recorded over 350 videos before I found out how to stop the motion detection. The 3 others recorded maybe 10 each. Could the quantity of deleted videos held in the deleted file for 7 days be the reason for the camera to go offline?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Colleen wrote:
It was the only camera that recorded over 350 videos before I found out how to stop the motion detection. The 3 others recorded maybe 10 each. Could the quantity of deleted videos held in the deleted file for 7 days be the reason for the camera to go offline?

No, it sholdn't have made the camera go offline....

it may have stopped recording if you limit was hit in the storage ( and was unchecked to 1) report near full 2) the not make new recordings was checked off ) but just check you total storage to see quickly

I'm thinking 1) maybe range was to far from base ( was camera led on base flashing; warning that limit is close with a camera) 2) battery level drop out during record from over use

truman23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. I am helping a neighbor who I recommended Arlo to. They are not computer literate.

Camera goes offline. I rebooted the base station and rebooted the camera.It comes back on line then goes off again. I deleted it and added it back with no luck.

I think its a bad camera.

Any suggestions?

Going to try and give them one of mine as a test.

Colleen
Star
Star
Keep me updated...I guess for me, this will have to wait until we get back to the mountains. 😞 The good news is the 3 cameras that are online are monitoring the outside of the cabin. The camera that is offline is an interior camera.
hans
Aspirant
Aspirant

My 2 pc camera is also constantly in offline.
Are tired after spending many hours on problem solving, will be relinquished.

redevil379
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought my cameras a few weeks ago. I bought a five camera system and a three camera system. One of the cameras in the three camera system went offline the day after installation. I assumed the batteries were no working properly so I bought new batteries and installed them. I tried to re-sync it, I uninstalled it, and I reset the base station. No lights work on the camera. I can not get it to do anything, Any suggestions? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if you unistalled the camera, you have to go thru the normal sync procedure to get it to work.

If the camera front LEDs flash blue then amber one or twice, the sync failed.

If unable to sync then contact Netgear re a replacement.

Mergirl55
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. One of my cameras went offline and I cannot get it to be back online, no matter what I try. Also wondering if it is a faulty camera?
Colleen
Star
Star
I contacted customer service via online chat. After an annoying interrogation, they finally decided to allow me to return the defective camera. They gave me an RMA#, and off it went in the mail. I'm patiently waiting for my new camera to arrive-as promised.
HY
Aspirant
Aspirant
It happened to me the same thing. One camera went offline suddenly. I tried to watch the past video of that offline camera and it suddenly went online again. I tried that twice and it worked for me.
woseyjales
Luminary
Luminary

HY wrote:
It happened to me the same thing. One camera went offline suddenly. I tried to watch the past video of that offline camera and it suddenly wentonline again. I tried that twice and it worked for me.

I'd put money on the wifi being the culprit. If it works for awhile an then doesn't, I can pretty much guarantee, it's the communication between the base and the camera.

I hate to keep repeating all this, but I've encountered every single issue posted on this forum with my system and I had to figure it all out for myself, unfortunately. I had to by a wifi range extender and relocate the base station away from my cable gateway,  into an entirely different room and a particular area in that room, to get the original base station to communicate with all 5 cameras at the same times and the whole time the radar icons showed 3 an 4 bars. Don't rely on the radar icon, it's worthless!!!

Finally Arlo sent me a new base station and I was able to get rid of my expensive "Netgear wifi Range Extender" that I purchased and install the new base station 4 foot from my cable gateway, just how Arlo intended. Obviously, after much trial and error, it would seem, I had a weak base station broadcast signal.

Ron3
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed 3-13 and it worked perfectly, Then it started going off line. Came back on line later in the day. It was then off line until 3-22. It was on line all day.

Now today it is off line again

This makes it totally useless as a secirity camera or a monitor for a remote location.

the camera is located 15 fet from the bas station. The wireless router has constant internet connection confirmed by a Nest thermostat which is always communicating.

Please help!

Ron

PS: I tried calling customer service but gave up waiting on hold forever.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ron3,

It sounds like there could be interference between the base station and the camera. Is there a wall between the two? Are there other nearby wireless devices that could be interfering? Consider relocating the base station/camera and see if you get the same behavior.

JamesC

kpaulson2012
Tutor
Tutor
Ok this seems to be a common problem. 1 of 4 cameras is offline. Batteries new. Have amber light that blinks. Restarted system and took camera down removed batteries place batteries back in and tried to resync. Get flashing amber light. No blue. This is the second time this camera has pooped out. First time just took it down and prayed a lot for no break in or damages. Need this camera to actually work. Cannot update anything or check for updates as its offline.
HELP
Colleen
Star
Star
Finally, after much interrogation by the customer service representative, no deviation from their strick guidelines, and a note from my mother, I was allowed to send the faulty camera back, then was sent a replacement camera. No problems since.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kpaulson2012,

If you have tried fresh batteries and still cannot sync the camera, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Leom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two of my three cameras do not sync. The light blinking every time is ambar
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow blinking amber LED means low battery and the camera likely will not sync.  Try fresh batteries.