Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing with schedules

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
TheNegotiator
Guide
Guide
Hi,

I have 3 cameras set up as follows:

Geofencing with 2 iPhones. Both mine and always with me.
Geofencing away means cameras are on using a bespoke programme.
Geofencing at home triggers a schedule which basically turns on the cameras using a bespoke programme that will record on motion overnight, but not during the day.
Two cameras will notify me on activity, another won't as I always have a ring doorbell for that location and I don't want multiple alerts.

Geofencing generally works and the system knows when I am at home and not at home. The problem is that when I am at home, I.e geofence home, the schedule doesn't work most of the time meaning that the camera is mainly on at all times using my bespoke programme. It is supposed to be turned off between certain hours but it always records between those hours. Checking it earlier, the system knew I was at home, knew to use the schedule but had picked the wrong time of the schedule. As a result, motion was on when it should have been off. Tapping all cameras disarmed and then back to geofencing resolved this, the system reset and realised it should have been off and is now off. But that should be automatic.

Can anybody please advise me on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
27 REPLIES 27
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Multiple reports of this.  I'd suggest opening a case using a trouble ticket with support to get tracking on the issue and a fix.

TheNegotiator
Guide
Guide
Thanks. Will do. Very annoying as this is a very simple flowchart!
marcoinpb
Star
Star

After MANY hours of troubleshooting and many talks with the Support peaple, I'm at a dead end. My Geofencing works perfectly but my Schedualing for arming the stem at night (8pm. -6am) does not reliably function. It will Arm at 8pm but will not automatically dissarm at 6am 

The Support people remind me that this is a Beta Program and still being developed. They have no further assistance at this time. 

marcoinpb
Star
Star

Although system and cameras all setup (remotley using my temp password), Geofencing and Schedualing DO NOT work together as offered.  See above.  Any comments?

Have not heard again from Support People.

marcoinpb
Star
Star

For the first day, Geofencing is working with scheduling. 

Let's see see if it works for two days!

TheNegotiator
Guide
Guide
Thanks. I'll turn it back on and test too. Netgear eventfully just told me they are investigation.
TheNegotiator
Guide
Guide
Didn't work this morning! Had to switch the mode on and off again to bring it to life.
marcoinpb
Star
Star

Same here. It worked yesterday but needed manual set this morning. Scheduled arming at 

6:00 am. did not happen. It DID yesterday evening do the scheduled Arm. 

It it is a Beta!

marcoinpb
Star
Star

Am I the only one that has realized that we have become UNPAID Beta-Testers?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can those involved in this thread experiencing this issue provide some information on the devices they are using:

example:

Model - iPhone 5s, iOS version 9.3.2

Also, one thing to keep in mind, in order for geofencing to update location the app must be running. If the app is forced closed or you log out of the app, geofencing will not be able to update location.

JamesC

marcoinpb
Star
Star

Per your request:

iPhone 6s+

Version iOS 9.3.2 (13F69)

TheNegotiator
Guide
Guide
Worked this morning randomly!

iPhone 5 with 9.3.2. App is always running.
With
iPhone 6, 8.3. App is always running.
marcoinpb
Star
Star

FAILED. Again it did NOT disarm this morning at 6:00am. The Geofencing and scheduling settings have not been changed - it disarmed yesterday morning. One out of 5 mornings it worked. 

Manualy disarmed it it this morning. It DID automatically arm last evening at 8:00pm. 

BETA Testers we are!

marcoinpb
Star
Star

Perhaps  time for a fresh set of programmers ? When practicing law, I found it almost impossible to edit ones own work. Your existing team obviously needs help. Perhaps switch teams (if there is one) that has failed to substantially reduce the long lage before recording when motion is detected. 

From an unpaid Beta Tester!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

marcoinpb wrote:

From an unpaid Beta Tester!

Not many beta testers ARE paid...  🙂

marcoinpb
Star
Star

And not many pay to be Beta Testers. 

My my only interest is to have my  devices to function asthey were intended to function. 

That is, perhaps some exceptions, the only reason anyone is here. 

Have a a great weekend!

marcoinpb
Star
Star

Still not fixed by developers:

FAILED. Again it did NOT disarm this morning at 6:00am. The Geofencing and scheduling settings have not been changed - it disarmed yesterday morning. One out of 5 mornings it worked.

Manualy disarmed it it this morning. It DID automatically arm last evening at 8:00pm.

marcoinpb
Star
Star

This morning neither Geofencing one Schedualing work at all.

We are Beta testers!

Ja1487
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same problem. Scheduling and geo don't work... Scheduling at least worked before the update, but now the geo kinda works but when it cuts to scheduling it won't turn off in the am. And now if I set it to scheduling it does the same thing.

So I'm back to manually arming and disarming the thing, which wouldn't be so bad if it did t take so damn long to load.

Cmon guys I paid good money for a working product. Cool concept but for security purposes I kinda want my money back unless y'all get on it
defilade
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm having this issue too. 

My workaround is that I set the system to "disarmed", and then back to "geofencing". It then picks up the correct setting from the schedule.

I've attached a few screenshots from the app. You can see that it's 7:54am and the system should be set to "disarmed", but it's still using my nighttime program.

IMG_2326.PNG

IMG_2327.PNG

IMG_2328.PNG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have forwarded these topics to the beta team for review. Geofencing is still a beta feature and will see more updates in the future.

Some users have reported refreshing their enabled devices (toggle enabled devices off, save, and then toggle back on) has helped with the issue being discussed here.

JamesC

Migs
Tutor
Tutor
Having the same problem. It's getting pretty annoying. What's weird is how random it is. One day it works and the next it won't.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Migs,

Consider refreshing the enabled devices in your Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save, and then enable all devices again.

Also be sure that your app is logged in and running on your mobile devices to allow Geofencing to update location. Geofencing will not work if the app is not running.

JamesC

Migs
Tutor
Tutor
I've already done all that. It's obviously a software error. Hopefully they come out with an update soon. It's getting annoying