Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dennismo
Tutor
Tutor

I purchased a 3 camera set.   Two of the cameras work fine the third connects and within a day disconnects and I need to resync it again.  It will not stay connected.  I interchanged this camera with another and the problem followed the camera.  The faulty camera is only 15 feet away from the base station.    There is clearly something wrong with this camera.  How do I get it exchanged.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dennismo
Tutor
Tutor

The problem I had was the Arlo camera.  I exchanged it and the new camera works fine and I am happy with it.  However, because it is outside the batteries do not last as long as the Arlos which are inside due to temperature.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The fast thing to do is swap the system at the store. Otherwise , contact support and open a case.
billandr
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same EXACT problem two work and one doesn't and the one that doesn't work is only 15ft away.  I emailed support - any resolution?

Dennismo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I called support and explained what I did.  They made some recommendations about rebooting the base station and removing the bad camera then adding it back.  It failed as before.  It worked for about 2 hours and failed to connect to the network after 5 hours.  They are to open a return and mail me the information.  I have not recieved it yet, but that was only yesterday after I had called back and explained that the bad camera was still bad.

billandr
Tutor
Tutor

Part of me suspects that since the some of the latest updates pertain to wifi security; I wonder if it is a bug related to compatbility.  Since I did notice that the two (working) cameras had updated before the base station updated and then the 3rd never updated but the base station has and now the non-updated camera has problems connecting.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

billandr,

If the camera that is having trouble connecting is not on the latest firmware, that is likely the issue. Has the camera since completed the firmware update? Are you still having trouble?

JamesC

billandr
Tutor
Tutor

I could never get it to update but I also was never able to get any sort of LED response on the unit (directly plugged in or via the battery) - so I just exchanged it and the new one works without a problem.

Dennismo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, still having a problem.  It supposedly did update the firmware.  In addition to not staying connected the batteries were depleted in 2 days.  I have opened another case because that camera is in another house and I have it under a different email account.  I am trying to get it replaced.

Gsjtjdicndak
Star
Star
I'm having the same problem. My camera did update. It reconnects after taking the battery out and putting it back in again. Then a little while later, it disconnects and has to be power cycled to reconnect.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That can be due to the connection between the camera and base or a hardware issue.  Swap cameras to see if the issue stays with the camera or location.

Dennismo
Tutor
Tutor

The problem I had was the Arlo camera.  I exchanged it and the new camera works fine and I am happy with it.  However, because it is outside the batteries do not last as long as the Arlos which are inside due to temperature.

Gsjtjdicndak
Star
Star

The issue remained with the camera.  I tried numerous resets and locations.  I also reset the base station.  There's something wrong with the power supply in the camera or the sync button.  I am returning it and getting a replacement camera.  I bought a kit with 3 cameras and a base station, and this one with the issue came in a separate box.  Yes, I did complete a firmware upgrade on it.  I noticed I had problems syncing it the first time.  The only way I could get it to sync was by pressing the sync button on the base station and then pulling the battery out and back in again next to the station so taht the blue light would light and sync would start (it's the only way the blue light lights, it ignores the sync button).

Anyway, we'll see if the new camera fixes the issue.  The other 3 work beautifully.