Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
mannix2
Initiate
Initiate

4 Arlo cameras with vmb3000 base. Worked flawlessly for 6 months, then received a message Arlo is offline. This is vacation home when we arrived base lights were orange. I power cycled using the power button on base and it came back online. One week later cameras offline again. I power cycled the base and they are back. I won't be here to power cycle base next time it happens, any ideas to cause or solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manfredz
Hero
Hero

first thing i'd suspect is you have been having power outages because people have posted that the base station won't come back after a power failure.  Cause is because base station reboots faster than internet modem and finds no internet when ready.

Mind you could also be other reason.

if caused by what I described above easiest fix is adding a UPS for short outages and adding a ip controlled power switch between your base station and power bar, so that you can remotely reboot your base station.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
manfredz
Hero
Hero

first thing i'd suspect is you have been having power outages because people have posted that the base station won't come back after a power failure.  Cause is because base station reboots faster than internet modem and finds no internet when ready.

Mind you could also be other reason.

if caused by what I described above easiest fix is adding a UPS for short outages and adding a ip controlled power switch between your base station and power bar, so that you can remotely reboot your base station.

mannix2
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you Manfred, I suspected same since power cycling fixed the problem. I have attached a z wave power switch between the surge strip and the base. Hopefully I can restore the connection if the base goes offline again.