Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
carly
Star
Star

I have push notifications enabled on my iphone but I do not receive them.

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the notifitcations are turn on for the App in IOS ( settings, notification, Arlo app )

Also make sure in the Arlo App ( System settings, Perferences ) that the "push notification" is listed as active.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

78 REPLIES 78
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the notifitcations are turn on for the App in IOS ( settings, notification, Arlo app )

Also make sure in the Arlo App ( System settings, Perferences ) that the "push notification" is listed as active.

RandyQUATTRO
Star
Star

So I was recently forced to update my Arlo App on iOS and now my notifications are no longer working (on both my wife's and my iPhones).  I have tried everything (on both phones), deleting App, logging out, forced restarts of phone, toggling notifications on and off, and recently even updating my phone to iOS8.1.3.  All without success.  I hope that this will be dealt with soon.  It reduces the usefullness of the alert notifications. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm running the new app V1.8.0 and IOS 8.1.3 too and no problems.... but sometimes, things just get messed up.

Since you already deleted the app and data and reinstalled without luck, then you may have to Deactivate and then Restart you base station.

SETTINGS, BASE STATION SETTINGS, deactivate. 

ps make sure auto update is toggled on and the current base version is 1.3.2261

RandyQUATTRO
Star
Star

Thanks, TomMac. I tried your suggestion (I  probably should have realized that I needed to also re-sync my cameras), but it did not immediately start working.  It took more than 24 hours of deleting the app, restarts, logging onto the App as a friend, for things to finally start working.  Unfortunately, it only started working on my iPhone and as of late, still does not send push notifications to my wife's iPhone (she is logged in as the admin).  I also repeated the same process on her phone, deleting the app, logging in as a friend, mutliple restarts, but nothing.  I do have an open ticket, but I really hope that they figure out why it is not working propertly.  The whole reason we purchased this system was so my wife could see who was approaching the house, and the notifications made that useful. What is frustrating is that it was working PERFECTLY before being forced to update the App.  I hope Netgear removes "forced" updates. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Any updates on your issues?

Here's my issue: My family has both iPad and iPhone 6 Pluses installed with iOS v8.1.3 and Netgear Arlo (since 2/25/2015 night PST) apps. iPhones used show notification alerts from these installed apps before I turned off the base station yesterday morning, with its power button, for maintenance work on the physical home (too many e-mails and app alerts!).

After several hours, I physically powered it back on, iPhones no longer get Arlo apps' notifications. However, iPad's app gets the notifications. E-mailed alert notifications worked though. The weird part is that iPad never got these alerts before I powered off and on the base station. Only iPhones did. Now, it is reversed! Family member uses the same The "Friends" account, with full administrator access, under my primary account that I made when setting up Arlo if that matters.

What's wrong? We tried rebooting Netgear Arlo's base station through its web site, logging off and in again, checked settings online and in iOS apps, uninstalling and reinstalling apps in iPhones, etc.

Thank you in advance.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

How do you delete left over datas after deleting Netgear Arlo apps? I really hope I don't have to redo the base station configurations, sync(hronization)s esp(ecially) getting the mounted high wireless cameras, etc. 😞

RandyQUATTRO
Star
Star

Well, both of our iPhone 5 phones are now displaying notifications.  Not sure how this happended, but I received a suggestion from user support to log off on my wife's phone and re-log in.  I have done this countless times, but tried again.  This time it worked.  No more issues with Arlo notifications using admin account ID.  My wife is on iOS 7.1.2 and I am on 8.1.3.  Hope you are able to get yours working.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

RandyQUATTRO wrote:

Well, both of our iPhone 5 phones are now displaying notifications.  Not sure how this happended, but I received a suggestion from user support to log off on my wife's phone and re-log in.  I have done this countless times, but tried again.  This time it worked.  No more issues with Arlo notifications using admin account ID.  My wife is on iOS 7.1.2 and I am on 8.1.3.  Hope you are able to get yours working.

Thanks. I got an answer from a L2 Netgear support guy that this is a known issue:

"Response from NETGEAR
Hi,

We have have received just a small handful of reports of push notification not working on
iPhone app. We do not have a page
that states this but our development team is working hard to get such cases resolved.

Regards,

Ricardo
Expert ID: 8315
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert"

😞

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I think I found the pattern now in iOS apps. It looks like notifications only work with my primary e-mail address account that I signed up with, but not the Friends' e-mail address account that I added on the same sign up day. I even granted him administrative rights to match the primary account, but it doesn't show all access options? Does these notifications only work with sign up account?

tlm1003
Initiate
Initiate

We are also having issues with iPhone push notifications.  We both have iPhone 6.  Only the primary account is now getting push notifications.  We have tried logging in and out, reinstalling app and disabling and reenabling push notifications.  Hope this gets fixed soon.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI from Cath, Expert ID: 8316, a NETGEAR L2 Support Expert, on 3/20/2015 9:07 PM PDT:

"... We do not have an ETA for the fix of Friend account unable to get push notifications. Rest assured our Engineers are still working on a fix for the issue. We will keep you posted..."

heidib
Initiate
Initiate

I just purchased the Arlo and I am having the same problem with app alerts and push notifications on my iPhone 6.  It worked for the first 2 days and now no longer works.  I have done everything suggested here and still not receiving app alerts.  I am getting email alerts but would love to get the app alerts again.  Hope this is fixed soon.

seanJ44
Star
Star
Same here. I used to get alerts now I don't...
seanJ44
Star
Star
Please advise?
BATEXAS
Initiate
Initiate

Mine stopped as well on all devices

Smedsters
Initiate
Initiate
Same here. Just stopped today.
EthersTragic
Tutor
Tutor

this is so important to me to work properly. PLEASE FIX THIS.

Kwilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine also stopped on dec 16. Tried everything.
Rob63
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue IOS 9 no app push alerts! Any info from net gear yet?
Kwilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, this morning it started working again. I don't know why. I know everything on my end is set up correct. It's got to be on netgears end.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We identified and resolved the issue shortly after it was reported. If you are still experiencing this please let us know so we can investigate further.

Thank you!

JamesC

djs2581
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought new arlo system and not getting any notifications for motion when testing the camera within the house.

Thinking of returning the system if No notifications received when motion detected.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or email notifications? Ensure the app notifications are enabled (it's on by default) and that you actually saved the email settings in the various rules as well as for the rule itself. Check that you have green running men in the cameras tab - if they're gray the cameras aren't active and there's no notifications to be sent.

lawhittington
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have not been getting my notifications since Friday 1/8/16..What's going on??