Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo record question

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Indypw1
Follower
Follower

New camera  system  . Did not record an obvious motion in driveway , has been fine, but seemed to randomly miss a couple instances  that did not show up in the library as recorded. 

7 REPLIES 7
kkj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine had been recoring great on motion and all of a sudden it will notify me and show the event but it is not in recordings i have deleted all recording thinking it may have just been full and did not work  also removed camera and reinstalled and still same thing 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Indypw1,

This could be an issue with the positioning of the camera. Consider posting a screenshot from the camera's perspective to give us a better understanding of the area you are trying to capture.

JamesC

kkj
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think maybe I did not make the issue clear. The camera is picking up motion it is taking a short clip of the motion and sends me an alert. when i click on the alert it takes me to the clip of the motion and it plays the clip..however the problem is that that it does NOT save it in the library. When i pull up the library it shows no recorded events the first month i had the device it would send notification of motion detected i could veiw the clip but it would also show up in the library. 

does that explain a little better

Thank you 

morye
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having same issue.  I'm receiving phone alerts and no recording.

What is going on with this camera?

I bought it only about a week ago.  If the issue continues, I'm returning it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kkj,

If you are able to play the clip by clicking the email alert that means the video is saved on the cloud. If nothing is showing in the library this seems to suggest it could be a display issue. Do you see the same behavior regardless if you are using the mobile app or web client?

morye,

This sounds like it could be due to your system running old firmware. Check your firmware (Settings > My Devices > select base station/camera > Device Info > Firmware) and make sure you are on the latest versions: Firmware Release Notes

JamesC

Blaine23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the exact same issue. Getting notifications. Can see screencaps of recent captures on Devices - but there is nothing in Libraries. No recordings for the last 3 days or so. 

This is on both the iOS app (latest version) and the web portal. I checked and I have the latest firmware installed. I've triple-checked all my settings.

Can you help me figure out why I don't have any recordings? I usually have between 4-5 per day. And as I said, I'm getting notifications and seeing updated screencaptures in Devices.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blaine23,

This could be occurring due to poor connection between the base station and cameras. Do you see this behavior on all of your cameras or is it happening for a specific camera? Consider relocating (temporarily) your base station and/or cameras closer together, avoiding physical obstacles and other WiFi devices as much as possible, and test again to further isolate the issue.

JamesC