Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
katcleon
Guide
Guide

I am not getting any badge notifications anymore as of last week.  Is there a reason why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone that the development team deployed an update and you should now be able to see the notification badge counter for the Arlo app on your iOS device. If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
hhzhao
Star
Star

Just noticed that all my Arlo notification will sound and listed in notification center, but there is no badges on the app icon anymore. The only thing that have changed was my iPhone XS undated from iOS 13.2.1 to 13.2.2. I just updated to iOS 13.2.3, still the same.

Anyone else noticed that?

americanmedic
Tutor
Tutor
Why has the support and function of the Arlo system been so degrading over the past few months? With the app change features like voice do not function. You are unable to communicate over the speakers to the cameras and if you do get it to connect you can speak once then it crashes. Also the notifications have been hit and miss and now do not function at all on the app. Meaning the red dot that shows up when you have new notifications is not functioning. I spend a ton of money on the system that used to function well, now it is beyond subpar. Please fix these issues and let me use what I paid for and invested in.
TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Last Friday (11/15/2019) I also stopped getting badges on the Arlo App. It happened at the same time when scheduling functionality got messed-up. My iPhone XS Max is running iOS 12.1.4.

Arlo Notifications are working except for badges (yes, I do have "Badges" enabled in "Notifications" settings for Arlo App). Tried to uninstall and re-install the app twice with the same result.

TheWolk
Apprentice
Apprentice

On 11/15/2019 I stopped getting badges on the Arlo App for my iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.1.4.
 Arlo App Notifications (banner alerts and sounds) are working normally except for badges (red dot with number of alerts in upper right corner of App Icon). I do have "Badges" option enabled in "Notifications" settings for Arlo App. Tried to uninstall and re-install the app twice with the same result. Any other recommendations would be appreciated!

mcintyro
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1 same issue - badges not working on iPhone 8 running iOS 13.2.  Stopped also on 15th November.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is aware where the badge counter notification is missing and is currently looking into this. Once we hear any new information or update regarding this, we'll be sure to share to the community.

777pj777
Star
Star

Hi all,

I previously had an issue of Push Notifications not being received...that turned out to be an Arlo Service issue that was ultimately fixed. However, since then I've noticed that my Arlo App badge notifications just don't work. I get the Push Notification, however the badge count just does not appear (there is no badge count at all on the Arlo App). My Push Notifications are as follows:

Display on Lock Screen, Notification Center and Banners (Temporary). Sounds and Badges are ON.

I've tried toggling Badges ON and OFF but no difference. Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Phil

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Good afternoon all!

The recent Arlo iOS app update and the app update before the most recent both don’t display badges anymore?

IE when the Arlo system detects motion and there are motions events that weren’t viewed yet.

There would normally be a red circle on the right corner with the number of missed motion detection notifications that haven’t been viewed yet.

I tested on my wife’s iPhone and same with her app and Arlo account?

Everything else is working perfectly fine.

Any suggestions? Is this known and waiting to be addressed?

Thanks!!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Since the latest app update I am no longer getting badge alerts on the app. I have to go into the app to check for activity. IPhone 11 Pro Max latest firmware

LauDa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to have number badge shown on icon when there's video recorded, but recently for some reason the number won't show any more even there's video recorded. I made sure that Arlo's notification is on in iOS. 

Please help and thanks in advance!

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Really 3 weeks and no fix? Does anything happen at Arlo in a timely fashion. The busiest home security risk time of the year and we have to go searching the app to see if there are incidents at our homes. Fix the badge issue.
Unimpressed100
Aspirant
Aspirant
The real issue is that this problem only affects iOS devices and that is because there are way more Android users. I have both devices and the maintenance fixes are mostly geared towards Android. Let’s face it... Arlo has our money and they will address the issue when and if they feel like it. If you notice there is no response from any representatives from the company about any fixes. I’ve had to live with their latent responses for over two years and when it’s time to replace the system Arlo will not be getting anymore of my business. You would be better off taking this to social media to make potential customers aware of the problems they face if they purchase this expensive overrated system.
hhzhao
Star
Star

For a company in the security camera business, with such lousy support for such basic function for the App is just simply unacceptable! I am an individual spend lots of time online in various communities for discussing all kinds of products, Arlo just became a name brand that I will not recommend to others. Post sales support is a key value to any products in today's market unless you are looking for endless frustration and headaches! 

dude514
Aspirant
Aspirant

How bout you just fix it?!?! Instead of waiting for new information from the community............thats one of the stupidest concepts I've ever heard

PhileasFrog
Tutor
Tutor
I use the Arlo app (version 2.11.1) on an iPhone (IOS 13.2.3) and the notifications work fine. It shows the correct number of unread videos and the counter resets to zero once these are viewed.

Maybe reset the Arlo base station to ensure the latest firmware is in place.
Ballen82
Initiate
Initiate
Since moving to the new iOS Arlo App the notification badges no longer appears. I have checked my setting in the app, in the Notification Center, and uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. Is there a solution for this issue?
Macahi
Apprentice
Apprentice

As far as I know, it's just another item in a long list of items they broke.  You're correct, the placeholder shows up, but the values do not increment (or sometimes decrement) properly.  I don't know of a solution or even if Arlo is aware or working on it.  I think they're overwhelmed with defects at this point.

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
It’s a Christmas miracle. Out of nowhere the badges suddenly reappeared this morning. The only change was I updated my iPhone to 13.3 yesterday.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
As of 6am EST I starting seeing the iOS Arlo app badge notifications again!

IE when there are 3 motion notifications that I haven’t viewed yet then the Arlo app has a number 3 on it!!!
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, think they fixed something though.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We wanted to update everyone that the development team deployed an update and you should now be able to see the notification badge counter for the Arlo app on your iOS device. If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know.