Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Yann928
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I had my camera down for some time. As revived my Arlo system, I wanted to be sure to have the latest updates. In this forum I found procedures to check for firmware update I couldn't perform.

Basically, when I go to my Arlo VMB3000 base settings (My Devices > Base Station ID > Device info), I have the following information displayed:

HW VersionVMB3010r2
Serial Number: ******
Firmware1.10.0.8_22190

(either from the Android app or from arlo.netgear.com) 

As there is no menu to check for update, how do I know if I'm using the latest update?

Thanks

Yann

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's the same FW I'm on... you can check here for release notes ( usu a week after the FW is pushed out )

When you log in if a new FW is available , it will usu pop up a notice

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Release-Notes-Arlo-Pro-Base-station-Arlo-Wir...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
GimmeCoffee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the link to the Firmware updates section of the Forum.  Do they list what they actually fixed (bug fixes) so that we can specifically know what was fixed.  The generic "bug fixes" doesn't tell the customer what may have been corrected.

T2342344
Star
Star

I would appreciate if the app could show the latest available firmware version from the Arlo site as there are several cases where the automatic firmware update did not work. Also before the forced update date there could be some grace period (week or so) when the users could force the update task manually from the app so users have somewhat more control when the change will occur.