Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
Since the new update, I have lost the sound on notifications, I'm still receiving emails and vibrations on my phone, but no sound, I've tried signing out, remove Arlo App, checked my phone settings, and Arlo settings, I just keep going round in circles, does anybody have the same problems? My phone is an Sumsung galaxy 7 edge Android (Mashmallow)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
Ok problem Solved, I thought I would try System Resore on my phone, which is a pain, but it worked, the only conclusion I can think of, is when it upgraded the software, it must have triggered something on my settings on the phone, where I don't know? But all is well, thanks for all your support

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, Notifications.  Set the ringtone.  It's a new feature.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the S7, you have the option to change sound for alerts, vibration , and LED color / with flash rate...

vey nice now as push alerts, I changed to bird chirps

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
I've tried that already, changed the sounds settings in the Arlo App. Thanks anyway
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power button reboot the S7?

If NG, remove and reinstall app

Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
Yes tried that also, no joy!!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to hear... running the same phone here , no issue

S7 and android 6 (marshmallow )

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Might be worth checking the app permissions in the phone settings.
Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
Tried that one as well, I just seem to be going round in circles with this one? My only conclusion is it must be something to do with software update, working fine before that.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

On my Google Pixel phone when I go into Arlo/Settings/Notifications/Notification Tone I've got 10 tones to choose from. I like "Hey". Catches my attention but makes others wonder

Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
I've tried them all, there all good, still doesn't work!! Lol
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It can be frustrating when it happens... but I have no answer other than those above.

Same phone/os, same sw,  and no problem here.

BTW, did no changes to permissions, just went into the settings of the app itself and changed there.

Sounds like you should make a call to Support and ask if they have similar issues

Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your help, I did try support, but they do not have any solutions, it really is a strange one? But I will keep on trying to i get it resolved
manfredz
Hero
Hero

just a thought.  Can you set up your account on someone else's phone?  If it works ok there, then its something with your phone or its settings.

If same problem, would suggest something about your account (though I don't see how).

The fact that it works for me and many others suggests its not the app.

Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
It does work ok on my wife's phone, which is a I phone IOS, now that is food for thought, so I reckon it must be something to do with my phone, I've spent hours on my phone settings, but with no result? But every Application works OK apart from the Arlo, vibration and e- mail works OK it's just the sound alert that's the problem? That's the bit that's strange?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

very ..... i'm out of ideas

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Like prev mentioned.. I did nothing but update the app... everything then worked as expected on same phone, same OS...

BTW, what service, I use verizon's network

DeanErwin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. Tried everything. Nothing works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Details.  What phone/OS? What have you tried?

Macjohnny
Tutor
Tutor
Ok problem Solved, I thought I would try System Resore on my phone, which is a pain, but it worked, the only conclusion I can think of, is when it upgraded the software, it must have triggered something on my settings on the phone, where I don't know? But all is well, thanks for all your support
chung30
Tutor
Tutor

This is correct.

DO not restore you phone, there is a huge pain. I discover this feature by accient.

Under [Setting], [Notification] sub menu, there is [Notification Tone] selection, change to something other than default, and slide [Vibrate] to off. Problem fixed.

jguerdat wrote:

Settings, Notifications.  Set the ringtone.  It's a new feature.