Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was previously involved in the thread regarding delayed notifications and recordings from motion detection.  This issue seemed to have been resolved a few days ago, with the exception being that the event count was set to 0 as they were troubleshooting.

Starting today, I have received no alerts, no motion detection, and nothing being recorded.  I have restarted with no success.  I've seen at least 2 other people having the same issue.

This system has worked fine for months with the exception of all of these recently problems this past week.  It's hard to use the system for security when it is this unreliable.

7 REPLIES 7
Allentowngal
Guide
Guide

same here all day.. except two recordings when right in front of the camera. No push alert or emai, but got video.  Was dead all day. I am east coast PA. Got home and it recorded me going in garage, and taking dog out, both directly in front of cameras. Got no notices. Just put new batteries in front camera today. It recorded both times I took dog out... finally got an email alert...  and JUST NOW got a push icon AND an email when I took the dog out again. Swear it's only working if you are within a few feet of the cameras... otherwise NOTHING.. 

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just power-cycled my unit again per support, and then I was able to get an alert.  However, it was barely able to capture the movement which it has always detected in the past.  It started recording late, as you said almost as if you have to be on top of it.

I turned up the sensitivity.

Funny you mention batteries - I have had 3 cameras all indicate that they need battery replacement in the past 2 days since they put the "fix" in.  

Allentowngal
Guide
Guide

same here... was surprised the front camera batteries were down so quickly... but now my new camera says it's low also. What gives??  This is really disappointing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

frankpgh, Allentowngal

Are you still experiencing this issue today after power cycling the base station?

JamesC

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am now getting alerts, but there appear to be other differences.

The sensitivity is off.  These cameras have been up for a couple of months and haven't moved.  Since the recent issues and restart, they are no longer picking up motion as they used to.  Most of my videos are getting cut off or only showing the person causing the motion for a brief second or two.

Also, 2 of my cameras came back after the restart with low batteries - one was down to 3% and is now dead.  The other was at 13%.  One was previously at 3 bars and the other at 2.

frankpgh
Apprentice
Apprentice

More problems today - so the cameras are again not picking up motion properly.  They are missing people coming and going with late motion detection on camears pointed in the same exact location with no changes.

Tonight, I had kids jumping over a fence - not a single motion detection.

Later on - the wind blows a plant moves and I get a recording.  However, my cameras are set to record 1 minute and it only recorded 18 seconds.

This system was relatively rock solid until the last upgrade.  You are not provinding me the value for which I pay.  It's no longer about a refund of the product - because you can say things like I'm under warranty etc.  However, I also pay you on a subscription service to store videos but I am paying you to record nonsense or you're not capturing the videos quickly enough.  You are responsible for that and I should not have to pay!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know for sure that it will help but try a power cycle on the base and open and close the battery doors to reset things.  Maybe something got stupid?