Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Something going on in SW updates

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm just going to assume ( not necessarily a good thing ) that sometime is going on at netgear's side of the world.

yes, i know they're working on the email alerts and video number icon but must be other things too.

Fire Fox that has been rock solid for me this morning didn't work.... I turned on LIVE view and got the WAIT messg. 

Logged out, tried agin , NG

Rebooted computer, logged in, NG

Tried Chrome and instantly got a live view ( 1 sec delay )

Went back to Fire Fox,  you guessed it, NG.

So my system or browsers haven't changed, but something has ( all auto updates turned off )....I know there's a lot of SW / computer combos out there BUT, I just would like to see Netgear lock it down ROCK stable for the three supported browsers

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
8 REPLIES 8
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Confirmed. I can't get live view to work in Firefox (v44.0.2) either. Chrome works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomMac, Schorschi

I was able to test this and I am not able to replicate any issues live streaming with Firefox (v44.0.2). Are you still seeing this behavior as of today?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tested again with the same result of Please Wait using a camera on each of a base station as well as an R7000.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

What version of Flash player are you running? Check to make sure you are running the most up to date version.

Just for clarification, does the live stream never show up for you? I am able to see the live stream successfully after seeing "please wait" for a short time, 3-5 seconds.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JamesC wrote:

Just for clarification, does the live stream never show up for you? I am able to see the live stream successfully after seeing "please wait" for a short time, 3-5 seconds.

Thanks James... should have posted it was back.

After two days, it corrected itself... Getting the same delay as you on  FF v 44.0.2.

Funny tho, Chrome which was fast is now a delay of 10-12 seconds, but it is working too.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not here. Flash is the latest. Chrome takes about 8 seconds to start, FF never starts - waited 30 seconds.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jguerdat,

Do you have cookies enabled on your FireFox browser?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup.  All cookies enabled, flushed cookies and cache, restarted FF, refreshed page, logged out and back in, checked Flash version to ensure it's the latest. Restarted FF with all extensions disabled.  Chrome works fine.