Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

One of my cameras has started going offline out of the blue after working perfectly for a month. Battery level is full, and it has been in the same position from day one. I randomly check the feeds, and today I found it had been offline, and since there is no notification process, I have no idea for how long the camera was not doing its job, its ONLY FUNCTION. Not having a process that notifies customers when a camera goes offline defeats the main and only purpose of this system, to watch your property for you. Why isn't there a system in place to alert customers when the cameras aren't doing their one and only job?

3 REPLIES 3
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Great idea.  I second that idea. Although with the systems history of going off line lately there's going to be a lot of notifications. 

trevor_shiggs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree. My D-link cameras send a notification when they go offline. Pretty important feature if you ask me. Wish my arlo cameras did this. Hope it will be in a future update.

b1gted
Tutor
Tutor

Couldn't agree more.  I was actually talking to support tonight about a defective camera that I have that constantly is going offline and killing the battery in about 2 days.  I mentioned that it would be nice if it actually sent me a push notification or at the very least an email stating that it has gone offline.  I mean, it sends me notifications on everything else that it sees.  I believe this to be an oversite and hope it is a simple future implentation on their backend.   I hope the moderators or support can keep us updating on this request?