Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No more alert notifications from Net Arlo's iOS app on iPhones?

Discussion stats
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

My family has both iPad and iPhone 6 Pluses installed with iOS v8.1.3 and Netgear Arlo (since 2/25/2015 night PST) apps. iPhones used show notification alerts from these installed apps before I turned off the base station yesterday morning, with its power button, for maintenance work on the physical home (too many e-mails and app alerts!).

After several hours, I physically powered it back on, iPhones no longer get Arlo apps' notifications. However, iPad's app gets the notifications. E-mailed alert notifications worked though. The weird part is that iPad never got these alerts before I powered off and on the base station. Only iPhones did. Now, it is reversed! Family member uses the same The "Friends" account, with full administrator access, under my primary account that I made when setting up Arlo if that matters.

What's wrong? We tried rebooting Netgear Arlo's base station through its web site, logging off and in again, checked settings online and in iOS apps, uninstalling and reinstalling apps in iPhones, etc.

Thank you in advance.

88 REPLIES 88
Mmorgan1123
Tutor
Tutor
Mine has also stopped working last night I've tried everything from reinstall app to reboot modem toggle the notifications on phone and in app I'm pretty upset considering I've only had these 2 weeks
Mmorgan1123
Tutor
Tutor
I have 100%loss
jjjjkirk
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had mine for one year and had no issues like this. It has been a really good product. I'm sure they will fix it.
jab6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately the above clues and tips aren't working for all users.
My notifications are not working and I have tried everything that can be tried.
Mmorgan1123
Tutor
Tutor
Is this a reacrurring thing if so I'm going to return mine
jab6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately the above clues and tips aren't working for all users.
My notifications are not working and I have tried everything that can be tried.
jab6
Aspirant
Aspirant
This just started over the last couple of days. After looking over the forum it's obvious that there is a Netgear issue.
I've been a user for almost a year and have gone through all settings and have spoken with support for other issues previously.
I've been pleased with my Arlo cameras so far.
EncounterChurch
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are having same problem. I was hoping to hear back before I left Amazon feedback

jab6
Aspirant
Aspirant
This appears to be a new issue.
My previous post says how much I like my cameras.
dmafitness
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got a stupid email from net gear saying to go to my profile and change subscriptions in settings because they think we are talking about alerts from the community posts 

Unknown77
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's working now
jab6
Aspirant
Aspirant
The outcry has been heard.....
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

jjjjkirk
Aspirant
Aspirant
It works. Thank You.