Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No Recordings

Discussion stats
Merengue
Guide
Guide
My Arlos are fairly new. Bought them (5) in January of this year. But today, 5/17/2019 at 8:45pm, I've noticed that I have been getting the motion alerts but they are not recorded into my library. My system stopped recording detected motion. Please someone help me. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
24 REPLIES 24
Abeleszz
Initiate
Initiate
My phone gets the notification that motion has been detected, however when I open the app and check the videos nothing appears. The videos don't refresh at all
DeArlo
Star
Star

Same here, I've tried everything from resetting the base system for each of my locations, turning off/on cameras, re-syncing.  Videos still not appearing.  It's been like this since before 4:12pm PDT, which is one of the last motion detection recordings at remote location.  Tried the manual recording but it wasn't working properly either.  It takes a long time 20 minutes to show up, if even all.   

Looks like Arlo cloud server is on the spritz again.  Fortunately, it's been a while since the last time it happened.  I am hoping they will find a solution soon.

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem here. I just walked in front of a camera to test. The motion indicator in the app turned on, Arlo Smart didn’t work, the thumbnail changed in the app, but no recordings.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware and investigating a potential issue for some customers impacting notifications and video recordings.

For status updates on this issue, take a look here: https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

toptech
Star
Star

why do we put up with this crap? the app was hosed for 2 months and now no videos? i'm cutting my losses and moving on. somebody has to make them better than this!

jmhilde
Initiate
Initiate

Same here for the past two hours.  No current videos in library.  Fix, please!

jdlegg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here since 18:20 CST. Been going thru circles resetting base station, pulling batteries from cameras, etc. Generally these work pretty well. Hoping for a quick resolution...
toptech
Star
Star

It looks like May 22 the Blink XT2 comes out. 2 years battery life and a better camera and free clip storage for a year. I'm outta here folks. good luck with your ARLOS!

cswmama1
Tutor
Tutor

I I am having the same issues.  It started after 5:00 tonight.  No recordings although I am getting notifications.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware and investigating a potential issue for some customers impacting notifications and video recordings.

Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

JamesC

tanabeboy
Guide
Guide

Been receiving notifications of events, but no recordings in library. Even the still on each device shows the event. I've tried resetting base and removing devices and re-adding them. Cannot see videos on libray on website, and iOS.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our team is actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

JamesC

C3C4Fused
Initiate
Initiate
Cameras were working fine till about 1pm, cameras were still detecting motion and I was getting notifications but when I check the library I have no video.
kasnh
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't have CVR sub but my Arlo Pro 2 recordings aren't showing up in the library be it motion or manual recording. This just started to happen today!

daytonagal1
Star
Star

I am getting notifications but no videos.  I hope when you finally fix the problem my videos appear.  You need to figure the problem out soon.  This has been going on for to long.  

JJS68
Luminary
Luminary

I am also having issues today, just went out to get mail to check and no video

Initiate
Initiate
The devices do not work full time , not recommended if you are looking for a reliable system
jimbobnw
Initiate
Initiate

have same issue.  Watching for the fix

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I see it on both the original Arlo and Arlo Pro 2. 😞

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
ISSUES after ISSUES with this piece of crap camera and service. My library stopped showing new videos recorded in the evening. Why are there are so many issues with Arlo?? Why would any family trust this crap to secure their homes? I am so tired of all these issues Arlo is having these last few months. Live streaming issues, motion stop working issues, and now cameras not recording issues.

Their stock is plummeting and I am not surprised with all these outages. I am no longer recommending anyone to use Arlo. Get the Ring system instead...
adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice
Issue looks resolved but where are our recorded videos during your pathetic cloud outage? What happens if my house was burglarized during this time and the police wanted to see our camera recordings? Opppss, my camera service Arlo had an outage..mm
daytonagal1
Star
Star

So you fix the problem, but where are my missing videos.?  Get your act together Arlo.  Your service here lately has sucked.

coosh064
Aspirant
Aspirant

Support, we also had this issue this morning at 9am EST where our camera did not detect motion nor did it record. Would the fix that was implemented have resolved the issue by 9am EST on May 18th? We did experience issues last night as well as people have indicated in this forum.