Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fishe2a
Tutor
Tutor

Where has my basic plan and all my videos gone? I was sold the system with on the basis that I could use 5 cameras with 7 days storage and then the first day would be deleted?

143 REPLIES 143
wadehall
Tutor
Tutor

Is anyone else having problems with none of their videos being stored?  Wed. 1/23/19

KBrooks
Tutor
Tutor
I am just now having the same problem. What is the answer to solve it?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @KBrooks

Is this occurring on the Web Portal or the Arlo Mobile App?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

All good this side. There was a problem a couple of days ago which seemed to resolve itself. The videos were being recorded just were not appearing in the library.

Try logging out and back in, also try restarting your base.

DRA_PA
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anybody having issues with the cameras not sending notifications or recording today? I have not seen any notifications or recordings to the library since last night.
TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
What are the issues you are having ? I would recommend a hardwired system for more serious security and monitoring needs. I now have both
DRA_PA
Apprentice
Apprentice
Did you bill Arlo for the wired camera? Seems since you had to supplement then they should pay for the camera 😆. My base seems like it is connected and live connections work, but the cameras aren’t recording.
ddonalds
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just had the same problem. Notification of recording but nothing when you go to the library.

Fixed it by erasing my Chrome history on the phone and then everything was back to normal. I guess if you have more than 1 browser on your device, it would pay to clear both.

DD 

TheWatcher24
Apprentice
Apprentice
Check your Mode settings , they are a bit convoluted, "if camera 1 detects motion" then camera 1 records" hit the pencil to edit and hit save
KBrooks
Tutor
Tutor
Whatever time the new "null" v "no subscription at this time" hit my particular camera set up this evening, it cleared up, restored, worked as normal. I wonder how many people bought a plan when it was not working and said " null". That's pretty dirty. The only problem i have has been an ongoing problem...only 3-4 weeks at most, out of 26ish weeks have my push notifications worked. Those 2 times were after an update but it didn't last long. I've tried everything, read everything. Clicked and re clicked and kicked notications. On my phone in set up, on home screen shortcuts, in arlo app settings on my phone and my tablet and of course the app in a couple of places etc. My tablet use to get them more than my phone but no more. Anyhoos...maybe it will magically start working as its suppose to one day as well...for free! That'd be awesome!
max4muscle
Aspirant
Aspirant

The videos for each camera are not being saved on the website interface but can be viewed on phone.  Usually I can go to the website then click on the specific camera and select the day to view all the videos for that day.  As of this morning no videos are being saved via the website interface but I can view all the videos on my iphone...is the website down and Arlo is just not notifying us?  Thanks

KBrooks
Tutor
Tutor

RLTW
Aspirant
Aspirant
My problem is similar but different. On the website, I can view all videos from all cameras but in the IPhone App, I can only view the most recent recording. This happened within the last 24 hours when the App was updated to version 1/17...
RLTW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. It all started with the version 1/17 app being updated from the Apple store on 1/23. I spent 3 phone calls to Arlo support to prove it. No resolution yet
RLTW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Restarted everything. Still not recording.
RLTW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Correction. Recording is okay but only storing the most recent video for each camera.
carvermon
Tutor
Tutor

We are have an odd glitch regarding the video library (on the mobile app - have not tried on web). I think they are being "stored", but no matter which day or which video is selected to play, it plays only one video - usually the most recent one. If the active video is swiped to the left the previous videos will appear, but if selected directly from the main library page, only the one video plays, regardless of which time stamp was chosen. This has been happening for at least several days.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Regarding the issue of missing library videos after the advert pops up has been previously mentioned on the forum. It has occurred to me on all my devices running the arlo app using my login. If I close the App wait a few minutes and reopen the app the videos reappear. I also get the missing videos on the library issue randomly when using the app, again restarting the App gets them back.

Road12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Called support on the 23rd for my video library missing 23 days of recordings. They stated it was a tech issue. They gave

me a case number and that's it. In no way did they explain how to get them back, how long it will take or anything else. Support seemed rushed to get off the call. A "Here is your case number.....Goodbye" kind of Call. 

Devlino
Initiate
Initiate
All my recordings are gone, I'm on holiday 3000 miles away, what is null sub mean?
Edit, logged out of the app a few times and they're back
SophieO
Initiate
Initiate

ARLO / NETGEAR - IT'S BEEN 3 DAYS (for me at least)  ... PLEASE GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS A REASONABLE RESPONSE TO THE QUESTION OF YOUR FAILURE TO MAKE AVAILABLE RECORDINGS OF JANUARY'S FOOTAGE ON OUR SECURITY CAMERAS.

I posted 3 days ago that my recordings for January had disappeared - Post "Recordings have gone and are disappearing from Library every day! Arlo Pro wireless cameras"  My post was followed (and amalgamated) with a few other 'initial' questioning posts about the same issue.  Of the 92 posts so far, most people seem to have relied on your '7 day free' icloud storage - which obviously failed, and you didn't take responsibility for the failure.  

I purchased an extra icoud account, - and this failed also!!  

If you have changed your billing policies, so be it, but to change them and not advise your customers of their  choices/rights/options with your company  ..... IS SIMPLY BAD BUSINESS!  

I hope you can correct this.  I have enjoyed the superior technology, and ease of use, your company has provided to me so far.  I was thinking of adding to my system .. but will make that decision based on your response .....

Treecrab
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to me as well.

jam436
Apprentice
Apprentice

My recording were all gone this morning as well, but stangely they were still available on my phone.
I cleared my cache and all my recordings returned.

If like me you use Chrome, enter this line into your browser address bar:

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

Then click Remove All

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What has helped recently is for you to clear the cache for your browser.

The iOS app is a totally different issue which has multiple threads on it already.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello Community,

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports regarding this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.