Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
axgillette
Follower
Follower

So i purchased the arlo system over the weekend. By far the easiest to setup and have up and running within minutes. All is great except one little thing.

That just so happens to be massive window glare in the evening. Unfortunatly, i have to mount my cameras indoors in the front of my house or else they will walk.

I am hoping someone here has some sort of solution to this. The camera is basically facing through a window, pointing slightly down and the door walkway is about 7 feet from the camera. During the day it's perfect. But at night, EEK! No good!

Any help would be appreciated. Share your ideas, or solutions please.

5 REPLIES 5
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would recommend putting them outside.  If you believe the camera's would walk away then i would assume you would want to mount them indoors looking at the doors and windows rather then trying to peak outside into the night. 

If you can mount them outside, but feel uneasy about moutning them with the magnet mount, i would suggest another mount for CCTV cameras, i replaced all of mine for $5 a piece and the cameras screw onto them.

ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

A while ago, I know - but would you be willing to share the purchase info for screw in mounts that will keep the cameras more secure while outdoors?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just check Amazon for outdoor camera mounts.
ranran
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, I will do that...

These use standard 1/4"-20?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yup.