Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
casserole
Aspirant
Aspirant

New user all installed and working successfully. However , some feedback to the powers that be...

My goal - Install cameras, set motion sensors ON to 24 hour (not recording or streaming), using a mobile phone app to monitor.

Result:

1. Inital registration was extremely frustrating. Despit never owning an ARLO before, my googlemail was apparently registered. No way around this. Forgotten password may be the solution... no, they did not have my email registered...but didn't you just say..? So vicious circle, and utterly no way out of this, apart from creating a brand new email just for this...and then a light-bulb moment... what if I change googlemail to gmail? This worked! I pity anyone caught in the same circle of frustration, especially without googlemail/gmail solution. So, a near fall at the first hurdle...on to the next.

2. Actual installation beyond this point was a breeze. Everything up and running, all my above goals achieved. Fantastic.... until 5pm!

3. Motion sensors all stop. No explanation. Hmm, hang on, I remember seeing the weekly and daily diary pages, perhaps there is a schedule or something? Quickly found that was the case... great, should be easy enough! Not at all! Read the guide, several times, trawled the forums....nothing!

4. How do you change the time of the schedule. Fairly simple I thought. Must be a high ranking goal for most people, surely?

5. Finally solved simply realising from clicking everywhere on the application, that it was possible to "delete mode" the existing schedule! Then it was simply a case of inputting my chosen schedules. At last.

So feedback is...great product, really happy. Terrible installation experience and totally unnecessary. Too much jargon (modes, rules) and not enough simple examples and basic explanations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

casserole,

Welcome to the community! Thank you for the feedback. You make great points. It can take some time to get used to the interface and its options but it sounds like you're well on your way! Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

JamesC

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

casserole,

Welcome to the community! Thank you for the feedback. You make great points. It can take some time to get used to the interface and its options but it sounds like you're well on your way! Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

JamesC

Flamir
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hallo
Flamir
Aspirant
Aspirant
Habe eine frage?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

what is it ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
casserole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your prompt reply. It's been up and running a week now, and I have to say, that I'm really impressed. 

No problems, since initial start up headaches, but good to know that I can come here and ask questions, however ridiculous they might seem!

apostlefw
Star
Star

I would not recommed anyone to purchase this brand of cameras for nothing. They have the worst service in the world. 3 brand new boxes of 4 cameras and three "DEFECTIVE CAMERAS" from Arlo. That is 15 cameras and three months I have been waiting for a clear answer to their mess. BUYER BEWARE OF THIS HORRIBLE PRODUCT. It is not worth the time, energy or the money.

Case Number 25869435

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

apostlefw,

We would like to work with you directly to resolve this issue. Your case has been escalated to our engineering team for further investigation.

JamesC

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would recommend the purchase of Arlos and have done so many times.   A great camera; does what it claims to be able to do; support staff has been responsive and truthful.  Looking forward to the new app.

apostlefw
Star
Star

You are one of the fortunate individuals. My case (25869435) has escalated to level 3 now. It has been almost 4 months and 15 cameras of wasted time, money and energy. I would not recommend this product until they resolve this issue

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've enjoyed excellent technical support.  Seems my problems relate to my expectations for the Arlo to operate beyond its design capacity.  Once I bring my unreasonable expectations in line with Arlo's capabilities things get resolved pretty quickly.  I have recommended this product to many.

apostlefw
Star
Star

That is awesome. I'm very happy for you and everyone who are having a wonderful experience with their Arlo Home Security. I was not fortunate with 3 brand new boxes, three replacements cameras from Arlo and my case has been escalated up to level 3. The Netgear Arlo experience has been nothing less than a total mess. My case number is 25869435

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I laerned that my most stressful problem with Arlo was my own picky whiney inability to recognize the technical limitations of Arlo which did not align with my unreasonable expectations.  Once Technical Support professionally enlightened me on the camera's capabilities my problems were solved.  I am appreciative of the professional caring help of the Support folks. 

apostlefw
Star
Star

Thank you and I'm very grateful for your input on the matter. It has been almost 4 long months dealing with the same issue. 15 cameras, 3 brand new boxes, three replacements cameras from the Arlo and 4 different agents working on the case. 

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

That is hard to imagine.  The few problems I have had related to my failure to understand the capabiities of the Arlo.  But the Support folks were really helpful and got me up and running.  I now have 4 cameras and have pre-ordered the new Q.

Several of my friends are waiting for my "test" of the Q and if it performs as well as expected I believe they will be either adding a Q or 2 or switching entirely to the Q.

Everyone I recommend the Arlo to who has tried it has really liked it.  Good luck getting yours running as you expect it to.

apostlefw
Star
Star

POTENTIAL BUYER BEWARE.

ARLO does not stand behind their products. I have purchased the Arlo 4 camera set in September 2015 and Im still having the same problems. 3 brand new boxes and 3 replacement cameras from Arlo (15 cameras). My case went up to Level 3 and the representative ask me to give her my password so Arlo can view my cameras process. I rechanged my password to see if their were viewing my cameras. Guess what Arlo was not. Case 25869435

67Cougar
Aspirant
Aspirant

This stuff is going back to the store.  Bought the 2 camera setup.  Have spent a frustrating week and a half with it.  Was never able to log in to my account (pretty standard Windows desktop computer, fiber optic internet connection).  Registering my base station never went through.  Cameras never sync'd to the base station.  Never got any help from this web forum (though I admit, this was the ONE place where my account login actually worked).

The product has so much potential, it was perfect for my needs.  However, if you can't even get it to turn on correctly, then it is far too fragile to be considered a real product.  Fix the bloody thing so it works, and allow the use of local, dependable storage, and you will have a very nice system.  Until then ... well, all you have to do is read posts here to see the issues this company has.