Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I bought and installed this system yesterday afternoon.  I left the motion and video quality at the default settings (80% and "optimized").  I ran maybe 20+ test videos yesterday and something triggered a motion detection last night (didn't get it on video).  This morning, about 18 hours later, the battery level of my 3 cameras average between 75 and 52 percent!  48% of the battery power was used in less than 24 hours???  How on earth can they claim a battery life of months???

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The total number of minutes of recording and live viewing takes a toll. Spec life is for 5 minutes of these max per day.  Initial setup and playing around usually bites the new user.  Also, the connection between the camera and base makes a difference since a weak or interfered with signal makes the camera have to work harder to maintain the connection.  Sometimes repositionng the camera(s) and/or base is needed.

gobigkahuna
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've got a good signal from all 3 cameras (fortunately) and I don't think I used it more than 5 minutes (total) the first day.  Now that another 12 hours have passed I noticed the battery level didn't drop all that much since this morning.  I wonder if perhaps the batteries might not have been evenly charged, probably because the kit was sitting on the shelf for a while (the firmware was pretty out of date).