Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery are draining very fast

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
himanshu2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I have 4 arlo camera and netgear supported rechargable battery. Currently even in "disarmed" state, my battery are getting discharged in 1 week. Within a week I keep seeing Arlo camera is offline. I have to recharge the batteries again and put it back, same result. This is happening with all camera's. I have tried with normal duracell battery, but same result. It does not last for full 1 week also.

Please let me know if some thing can be done or refund my money.

I have already spent $100 on rechargeable battery and so much money on arlo camera.

HW version on camera is H7

HW version on base station is VMB3010r2

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

How much is your usage ( viewing and recording ) and  what do you use the cameras for

I commonly get almost 4 months on the OEM cells and about 50 days on the rechargeables.  These cameras are mento to detect and record so to get listed life, usage is spec'ed at <5 min day.

Also distance from base unit that results in a poor signal to the camera can drain the batteries faster.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I use the recommended Tenergy 3.7V gold colored rechargeables in two of my cams.

One averages 11x 120 sec recordings a day and drains the battery an average of 2% per day; the other 13x 120% and drains an average of 6% per day.  Both cams also get brief live views several times a day.

himanshu2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

As an experiment, I tried 0 recording and kept my camera in disarmed state for a week. No Improvement, battery still got drained 7-10 days.

Battery is draining for me for camera placed 2 feet apart as well.

himanshu2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also using the same rechargable battery. I have contacted customer support and they are sending an extra set of battery to isolate the issue. Lets where it lands up.